Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a/c pressure and related questions
luke2152

posted on 15/6/16 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
a/c pressure and related questions

Hey I managed to drill 4mm hole in an a/c pipe on the sensible car. Scared the bejesus out of me. In a very awkward place too. Anyway I've bunged the hole up with JB weld which has served me well in the past but I have a feeling a/c operates at pretty high pressure. Any idea what sort of pressure it works at.

Guess its worth a shot anyway which brings me to second question. How much is it going to cost to refill the system with refridgerant. I assume I'll need to replace the dryer as well.

britishtrident

posted on 15/6/16 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Working pressure is up to about 220 psi on the high side so any repair will have to be safe to 440+ psi

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Dick

posted on 15/6/16 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ac gas seems to eat jbweld so I don't think it will last long be for it will leaks out would be better if you could get the pipe repaired. You can buy compression type fittings and glue on ones but your have to make sure they are suitable for ac gas. Should cost about £40 to have it regas don't replace drier if it was ok be for you drilled it.
madteg

posted on 15/6/16 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Can you just fill it with argon or nitrogen to test it. I think this is how you test for leaks

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.