Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Arranging a courier - medium size item
SteveWallace

posted on 18/6/16 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Arranging a courier - medium size item

I've seen an advert from someone selling an exhaust system that would fit my MG TC. However, its collection only or buyer to arrange courier.

I've never booked a courier before. Which company would be the right one to use for an item of this size and shape and how do they work? E.g. does the seller drop the item at the post office/another collection point or do I have to trust that they will be in when the courier calls to collect and then end up paying abort costs if not? What sort of price would it be for an item like this.

The item looks new and unused and is 75% of the cost off the off-the-shelf item but a silly courier cost would make the risk on quality plus lack of come back not worth it.

designer

posted on 18/6/16 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Parcel2go is the one I use. As long as the seller is prepared to wrap and stick on an address label.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trextr7monkey

posted on 18/6/16 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Check the length of the parcel as that makes a big difference. I have been using the I post lockers at local super market for parcels but sent a silencer through Hermes the other day. I use parcel2go and parcel monkey to book things

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.