Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi TT or Cooper S
sonic

posted on 14/4/17 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
Audi TT or Cooper S

Fancy a cheep toy for track days and Sunday toy only, thinking of either of the above for 2K buy price, strip it out and tune the engine, coilovers, uprated brakes etc.

Question is which one as I like both and cannot make my mind up of am I over looking something better?

JSArmstrong

posted on 15/4/17 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
MG ZR160 VVC or a Mg Zs180.

Both deceptively quick and very cheap to purchase. Dare say you could get either of these cheaper than an Audi or Mini and have money left to play around with.

I currently own a ZS180 and its great, handling is brilliant and it picks up its feet very well! Fully stripped and it would make for alot of cheap fun!

tegwin

posted on 15/4/17 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Unless you replace the Valdex ecu on the tt they are pretty dull trying to corner fast... do that and remap to 280hp or so and you'd have quite a fun machine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ettore bugatti

posted on 15/4/17 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
TT mk1 225hp seem to have a bit more performance in its pocket than a Mini Cooper S:
http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel75-746.htm

Some other options:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Acceleration=007&Aspiration=TUR&Category=used-cars&FuelType=PTL&MaxPrice=2000&MinPrice=500 &Transmission=MAN

And dont forget about the obvious Renault Clio 1x2.

Keep in mind that tweaking a charged engine give quite impressive gains, but in case with front wheel drive you probably start to look at some traction problems.

sonic

posted on 15/4/17 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies, those links are great Ettore thank you

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.