Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Magnecor
WallerZero

posted on 2/8/17 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Magnecor

Has anyone had any dealings with Magnecor recently for HT Leads?

I sent a form off to quote for some custom HT leads and not heard anything back, nor from the couple emails sent and unable to reach anyone on the phone?

Are there any other suggestions for custom HT leads?

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

nick205

posted on 2/8/17 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Not something I've bought before so no suggestions I'm afraid.

A brief description of what you need lengths, termination etc. may allow people to suggest suitable OEM kits.

Jenko

posted on 2/8/17 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
People have finally cottoned on to the fact that you don't get a 10% power increase if you buy Magnecor leads :-)

It's a bit harsh, as they are well made....I suspect as already said, the OEM products these days are pretty good and last for ages.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

WallerZero

posted on 2/8/17 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Haha fortunately I am not looking to add more power, the engine swap should see me near double so should be fine

My reasoning was simply for some custom length, quality made leads, as the ignition and engine type are not common I believe. I'm using the Ford Gen 1 clip on coil pack with the Mazda KL V6 which used a distributor originally. I couldn't find any OEM leads that matched the combination and currently bodged some together myself using the old Mazda one (which are old and definitely not suitable long term)

I have in fact just had a phone call from Magnecor who are very very busy at the moment and short staffed. My RFQ didn't match what they normally do for the engine so further information was required about my set up. Looks to be all on track again

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

CosKev3

posted on 2/8/17 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
You've not looked very hard tbh,I posted a thread which is still on the first page of 'bargains elsewhere'. ......

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/36/viewthread.php?tid=209201

Highly recommended, excellent quality and really good on price

FuryRebuild

posted on 3/8/17 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
People have finally cottoned on to the fact that you don't get a 10% power increase if you buy Magnecor leads :-)

It's a bit harsh, as they are well made....I suspect as already said, the OEM products these days are pretty good and last for ages.

I've used them in the past, and they're excellent. Whilst they may not give you more power (after all, it's the coil that supplies the power), what I've found them great for is survivability. I used to run a MSD ignition on my pinto which gave a huge spark. Ordinary or mildly up-specced leads wouldn't last 3 months, but I only ever fitted one set of magnecor leads.

Now I'm COP for my duratec, so those days are behind me.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

britishtrident

posted on 3/8/17 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
With new plug leads it is worth doing an end to end ohms test when you fit then you have a number to compare with when you are servicing or preparing the car.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.