Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buying a Spacesaver
SJ

posted on 13/1/18 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Buying a Spacesaver

My new Mazda 6 doesn't come with spare wheel but has space for one so I'm thinking of buying one. Second hand would be cheaper but I'm not averse to buying a new on. Anyone got experience of any suppliers?

The car has 225 x 17's so I assume I need a 17" space saver, but can't seem to find rolling radius details anywhere.

Cheers

Stu

[Edited on 13/1/18 by SJ]

jacko

posted on 13/1/18 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/space-saver-wheels/mazda
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slimy38

posted on 13/1/18 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Can you fit a full wheel in there by any chance? I'd always go for a full wheel if possible, and they usually end up being cheaper (well, at least second hand). My car has got a space saver, but it's actually got a spacer underneath it so it can fit in a full wheel well!!
SJ

posted on 13/1/18 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. I'll check on space for a full sized tyre but would prefer a space saver I think as it leaves a bit more space for bits and pieces in the boot.

Looks like they have no stock on the Wheel shop.

Cheers

Stu

[Edited on 13/1/18 by SJ]

rusty nuts

posted on 13/1/18 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget a jack and wheel brace, you'd be surprised how many people have a spare but ne means of fitting it
SJ

posted on 13/1/18 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Good point Rusty - the link Jacko gave has a package that includes a jack etc. Previously I've always carried a proper wheel brace rather than the short OEM ones.

Cheers

Stu

ianhurley20

posted on 13/1/18 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same issue with my DS4. No spare tyre and a container of slime to fix any deflation. Didn't work on my first puncture.
The space for a spare was taken by the electric handbrake mechanism and Citroen said no room for a spare. RUBBISH!
After several try outs I have found that a full size spare will fit in the space but leaves no room for a jack etc. Other options are a 16" space saver (sets of the ESP or whatever its called as the other wheels are 18" a full size smaller wheel from a similar car (same issue but better).

I am happy with the full size spare and find room for a jack somewhere. Its no good with a deflated tyre that will not inflate with a canister of slime.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.