Board logo

Got it running
elwood_106 - 20/8/10 at 11:19 AM

Hello everybody,
Thought I’d spread the joy, got my VortX outside for the first time last night and got it running... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTIBAjbfZbk

Should have it in a state for little "go" this weekend, IVA papers and cheque sent of yesterday. It’s all coming together now!

Have a good one!

carpmart - 20/8/10 at 11:28 AM

Well done!

MakeEverything - 20/8/10 at 11:43 AM

Awesome, well done/.

GeorgeM - 20/8/10 at 01:18 PM

won't be long now.

dave107 - 20/8/10 at 01:25 PM

Well done elwood, you must be well chuffed is 106 your chassis number if it is mine is 107 collected mine September 2008 a month before you i am not far behind you in getting car going.

Had a look through your blog you mention the car in the crate at MNR that was there when i visited.

Best of luck with IVA.

Johneturbo - 20/8/10 at 01:50 PM

It's a great feeling when you get to see it outside

chassis number sounds about right as mine is 111 and i picked mine up December 08

elwood_106 - 20/8/10 at 02:50 PM

Thanks for the kind comments guys.
It was great to see it outside, an old lady walking past said "that looks like it'll take a long time to finnish"
I'm hoping not.

The chassis is 109, user name pre-dates my build (ref to the blues brothers).

Shall post up a 1st drive vid over the weekend.

Have a good one
Will

The Venom Project - 23/8/10 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by elwood_106
Hello everybody,
Thought I’d spread the joy, got my VortX outside for the first time last night and got it running... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTIBAjbfZbk

Should have it in a state for little "go" this weekend, IVA papers and cheque sent of yesterday. It’s all coming together now!

Have a good one!

I have to say, cracking your engine up for the first time makes all that hard work well worth while.

Looks good.

RK - 24/8/10 at 12:35 PM

sounds very good. wish my engine was working that well - as it has done but not anymore for some reason.