Board logo

Mildly mouldy seats - How best to clean?
james h - 27/12/15 at 06:54 PM

I've taken one of the seats out of an old Mercedes 190e to clean. With the recent mild but wet weather the car interior has become quite mouldy.

I'm looking for tips to clean the leather seats and eliminate the mould. Which products work best? Any other tips?

Thanks

James

garyt - 27/12/15 at 07:11 PM

saddle soap and a leather feed, look online at horsey websites or if you have any country / horsey stores near you pop in there as the horsey folks use it for their leather tack

serieslandy - 27/12/15 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by garyt
saddle soap and a leather feed, look online at horsey websites or if you have any country / horsey stores near you pop in there as the horsey folks use it for their leather tack

+1 not expensive and really good.

Glenbo - 27/12/15 at 08:57 PM

That's another +1 from me

redturner - 28/12/15 at 02:34 PM

First thing to do is clean off all the mildew with mild detergent / bleach and warm water, then continue with the saddle soap..

leatherboot - 6/6/16 at 09:00 PM

Treating leather materials not always easy especially when they are very old. I love leather materials and I have used guides from many site to maintain mine and those guides could work for car leathers.

[Edited on 6/6/16 by leatherboot]

leatherboot - 6/6/16 at 09:02 PM

One the best way is to shine it or use waterproofing products for leather material. Mostly use for leather bags but it work for other leather materials. Read their blog here

http://gemoutlook.com/messenger-bags/laptop-messenger-bags-for-men.html

steve m - 6/6/16 at 09:12 PM

Very interesting, two posts from the same person, but only shows one ?

owelly - 7/6/16 at 08:48 AM

Resurrecting a thread from last year to promote her stuff?!