Board logo

Wanted: 135mm vice jaws.
Staple balls - 28/10/15 at 03:18 PM

I managed to lay my hands on a Record no35 vice not too long ago (for silly cheap)

Anyway, the jaws on it saw better days long ago, and have since died a horrible death, any ideas where I might lay my hands on some? tried all the usual suspects.

garyo - 28/10/15 at 03:22 PM

I have one of these with the same problem. I ended up making my own out of 10mm ally bar from eBay. Let me know if you find any that aren't silly money.

Staple balls - 28/10/15 at 03:26 PM

Bums. don't suppose you happen to know the bolt size for the jaws do you? might as well grab fresh ones while swmbo is hurting me for spending money.

trextr7monkey - 28/10/15 at 08:02 PM

I will check in our grave yard cupboard next week as we have had a few casualties over the years, ironically damaged by the maintenance men rather than the kids ! It's half term this week hence the delay

Staple balls - 28/10/15 at 09:25 PM

Half term is happening here also, being driven gently mad.

No major hurry anyway, this thing needs serious love before it's any more than an amusingly shaped door stop.

trextr7monkey - 4/11/15 at 05:05 PM

can only find a 100 mm vice and it has only 1 jaw.
bad luck!

Staple balls - 4/11/15 at 11:23 PM

Ah well, thanks for looking.

This thing is a bloody nightmare, was completely seized, jaws were rusted on well enough to need cutting off, had to drill 2 bolts out and the quick release is missing and has been replaced with weld.

Only cost a tenner though.