Board logo

car builder solutions fuse box
mk85 - 15/9/14 at 09:42 PM

Has any body used this and have any feedback.

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/cbs-12-circuit-wiring-module

Stot - 15/9/14 at 09:57 PM

I replaced my MX5 loom based car with one last month. Pretty straight forward other than the EFI as this only has one ignition fuse/feed so you need to add an ignition relay and a fuel pump relay and associated fuses. But Im really happy with it.

For a carb setup it would be straight hook up.

Cheers
Stot

mk85 - 15/9/14 at 10:13 PM

I hate electronics tbh. So anything I can do to help like this is great. Am using a EFI engine and dreading the wireing on that. But know I will have to hard wire the fuel pump rarther than try use the oringal fuel pump wiring of the loom.

Neb - 16/9/14 at 06:42 AM

I'm using one on my xflowed locost and it's great value for money. I hate wiring too and this just made life so much easier.

Wiring diagrams are quite straight forward and you get a couple of additional ones when you by it, along with one that gives you the sizes of the cables from it.

Mines situated in a Legrand external weather proof box on the bulkhead as I didn't like their enclosure.

I've got a wiring diagram for the whole car using this box if it is any help.

snowy2 - 16/9/14 at 06:42 AM

I have used them and their not easier than just doing it for your self other than the fuse and relay holders are provided. They're not bad though.