Board logo

Any Architects on here?
AndyW - 16/8/14 at 01:20 PM

Hi all,

With the current permitted development changes I am looking to build a single story extension on the rear of my house. Are there any architects who could draw up some plans for me? Obviously looking for locost solution first.

Im in Bedfordshire if any one near can help or point me in the direction of a good one.

Cheers

Andy

Simon - 16/8/14 at 02:47 PM

Loggyboy on here did mine and did a grand job too

All done via email

ATB

Simon

Neb - 16/8/14 at 03:41 PM

I'm a cad monkey. If you just want them drawn up from your scanned in sketches then I can help out.

tegwin - 16/8/14 at 05:09 PM

If its permitted development then do you need architect plans?

Just sketch what you want on a fag packet and get some decent builders in.... They will register the build with the counci building regs and build you the thing you want... (Unless its complicated or unusual requiring some odd engineering calculations.

I had quotes from architects for my extension running to nearly 2k for survey and drawings.... I got a contractor in instead and they just got on with it.

AndyW - 16/8/14 at 06:12 PM

What I want is something drawing/designing so we can self build

Not sure if I require an architect or just some drawings to go by

MP3C - 16/8/14 at 06:20 PM

depending on what you build. Building Control may be needed and plans will help a lot with that.

Matt

AndyW - 16/8/14 at 06:34 PM

Single storey extension across about 75% of house. I have looked on Planning portal and I seem to be within what's allow under permitted developments. Going to self build, and I wanted some kind of plans/drawings to show to building control should they need to see. Wall structure, footings, roof plan etc.

Any info or help appreciated as we are looking to crack on and build next year as current relaxing of the planning rules runs out March 2016 so has to be complete by then

loggyboy - 16/8/14 at 06:42 PM

Feel free to drop me an email with as much detail as you have and il get back to you first thing next week. Happy to advise on your options etc.
david@dg-architectural.co.uk