Board logo

spal 10" fan alternative
bart - 7/1/15 at 02:27 PM

hi all
I need to fit a 10" or possibly a 11" radiator fan ( suck )

? is it really spal or kenlow or are there good cheaper alternatives.

thanks in advance .

Oddified - 7/1/15 at 03:41 PM

Or Pacet.

The cheap copy ones all over ebay are cheap for a reason...

Ian

bart - 7/1/15 at 04:30 PM

i've also been told tripac are very good , better than the davies graig ones

any comments ?

loggyboy - 7/1/15 at 04:44 PM

I bought an ebay cheap one (circa £10) not tried it yet but I dont think il be needing it much as the car wont be sat running standstill very often.

rotax78 - 7/1/15 at 05:23 PM

I have had two cheap ebay ones (yes i know should have learned after the first one), I used them on my supercharged mx5 and they worked really well and kept the engine cool even when using the car on drift days and autosolos (lots of high engine revs and not much forward motion for airflow through the rad). But they do not stand up to rain ingress both have failed due the springs that push the carbon brushes out rusting and collapsing. I wont be buying a third one, maybe okay if its a dry use only car but no good if its an everyday.

SPYDER - 7/1/15 at 06:49 PM

One alternative might be to consider fitting two smaller fans. We fitted two Aprilia RSV fans to our Phoenix. Made by SPAL and cost £18 for the two.

bart - 7/1/15 at 08:32 PM

thought about that I have the 2 hayabusa fans of the engine. did not think they would be big enough

bart - 7/1/15 at 09:05 PM

well just look at spal performance figures
a 6" fan flows 300 cfm at 6.5 amps each ( need 2 )
and a 11" depending on which one flows 800 to 1000 cfm at approx. 8.5 amps
so due to limited ampage of bike alternator it looks like its a 11" fan which will fit rather than a 10"

so gents its just a case of which make .I am tempted by the tripac one it uses a Panasonic fan motor and I know they are good

any one got a tripac fan ? any feed back