Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy with weather gear
Not Anumber

posted on 23/2/14 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy with weather gear

MK Indy with full weather gear.

Traditional styling with single roll bar.

Newly rebuilt >2.0 Pinto. 205 block, Injection head (with 1mm skim and 1.3mm Victor Reinz gasket for increased compression. Overbored with new pistons. Kent FR32 fast road camshaft + vernier pulley. High pressure oil pump & the usual shortened sump.

Megajolt ignition with switchable maps.

Type 9, 5 speed gearbox. Sierra IRS with 3.62 diff

Adjustable rose jointed front upper wishbones (Talon Motorsport) for optimal caster angle. This avoids the Indy's Achilles heel by providing proper steering self centring.

Adjustable Protech coil overs. 15” Alloys with 195 50 Toyos (rears almost new)

4 point harnesses. Comfortable leather seats, passenger seat backrest folds for luggage etc.

Serial to USB adaptor for megajolt. A laptop for viewing and adjusting the megajolt ignition in real time will also be included with the sale if the car is sold at the right price.

Traditional styling. Prisoner colours (Lotus British racing Green with yellow nosecone), Smiths white dial instruments. Column stalk controls for indicators, lights and wipers for ease of road use. Wiring and mount for TomTom sat nav. Leather seats. Nosecone hinged at front for easy access. Interior light. Locking wheel nuts. Jack and wheelbrace. removeable boot panel on Dzus fittings. Ford space saver spare wheel (not mounted to car). A file of pictures, receipts and useful information.

I have not rolling road tested the new engine but it is significantly quicker the previous, box standard, pinto. According to Snapper this should put out about 135bhp. It is currently running a 38/38 DGAV (3 litre Capri carb) and may deliver more with twin 45s or good bike carbs. Beyond this more bhp could be released by fitting larger valves and a bit of head work.

Caster, camber, toe in and corner ride heights were kidly checked and setup by IndyBird on the forum.

A good useable road going 7 that can be driven and enjoyed as it is for years - or a platform for further upgrades for someone who wants to start with a ready built MK Indy and put their own stamp on it.

Viewing is recommended.

MOT to May (I can put a full year's MOT on it if required). Tax is to June

I am open to offers from LCB owners, the nearest this happens to be to £5k the more likely I am to agree.

I might consider an early MX5 in part exchange (as I will need a project to keep me sane).

I am sadly having to sell due to lack of family funds.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Not Anumber

posted on 25/2/14 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
What do you think- priced right ?

whitestu

posted on 25/2/14 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
The price looks right to me - you certainly couldn't build it for that.

I guess the Pinto may put some people off, but it would make a great base for a Duratech conversion.

Good luck with the sale.

Stu

lebaron07

posted on 1/3/14 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
indy foe sale

Hi I'm interested, PM sent
thks

Not Anumber

posted on 6/3/14 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
bump

ravingfool

posted on 7/3/14 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Have a bump from me.

Looks like a very nice, usable car (from the photos at least!).

I'd be very interested to come and have a look but I wouldn't be in a position to buy until, I expect, later next month so I won't waste your time at the moment but I'll keep an eye on the advert and see what happens over the next few weeks personally.

Good luck with the sale.

Not Anumber

posted on 15/3/14 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
bump.

Not Anumber

posted on 17/3/14 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold.

£ 4,300

Eggy

posted on 18/3/14 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
BUGGER :-(

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.