Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone want to tell me how this happened ?
theconrodkid

posted on 27/11/14 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
anyone want to tell me how this happened ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851671/Billionaire-former-Foxtons-boss-sues-garage-1million-Lamborghini-blew-son-driving.html

fitting the wrong plugs caused the engine to catch fire in a couple of miles ?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

philw

posted on 27/11/14 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 27/11/2014 by philw]

[Edited on 27/11/2014 by philw]

Must try harder

mark chandler

posted on 27/11/14 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Whe you have the money you can chase money like this, when my Range Rover caught fire after a backfire I just took the cheque.
SteveRST

posted on 27/11/14 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Can't imagine that wrong grade of spark plug could cause a fire, especially after just a mile of driving.

Seems likely that the garage disrupted/split a fuel line/fitting during the service. I'd imagine that doing anything on an old Lambo V12 would require a fair bit of disassembly/reassembly.

His sons are the 'Tax The Rich' youtube guys aren't they.

bart

posted on 27/11/14 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
the only way I can think the wrong grade sparkplug would cause this is that
it caused the engine to misfire a lot the pipes and filled with petrol , there was a back fire big style and whoosh ! up she goes
remember these old performance cars run lots of overlap on the cams

britishtrident

posted on 27/11/14 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Most likely they mixed up the firing order, misfire wouldn't be that obvious on a v12

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 27/11/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Split fuel pipe would be favouritein my eyes
theconrodkid

posted on 27/11/14 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
my thoughts were,either the wrong firing order as spotted by BT or a fuel leak but as we all know,you can get off a murder charge on a technicality,i cant see how the "expert" decided it was the wrong grade of plugs....unless the journo that wrote the piece was still in nappies ?.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

BenB

posted on 27/11/14 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps the mechanics have had to deal with of his estate agents? If there was one thing which made me dislike the new mini it was those arrogant butt wipes driving round in them.
nick205

posted on 27/11/14 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Perhaps the mechanics have had to deal with of his estate agents? If there was one thing which made me dislike the new mini it was those arrogant butt wipes driving round in them.

I just dislike new minis full stop, not fussed who's at the wheel.

ReMan

posted on 27/11/14 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Sad shame for the car though

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

ReMan

posted on 27/11/14 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

steve m

posted on 27/11/14 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote

But 700k ?? I doubt it would be worth half that much

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

slingshot2000

posted on 28/11/14 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

But 700k ?? I doubt it would be worth half that much

Go to a top class auction and try to buy one, classic cars have once again gone MADDDDDDDD !

Lamborghini built less than 770 Miura SVs and this one would have been absolutely immaculate with a known day by day history, otherwise it would not have in Mr Hunts collection. Every rich, petrol-head car collector, in the world would want on of these original supercars in their collection.

I know one or two people with car collections, and I am very surprised (considering his wealth), that he did not employ people just to look after his cars. He does keep an army employed looking after his property empire, but that's just bricks n mortar !

Regards
Jon

02GF74

posted on 28/11/14 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
Dont quite get it. The car was insured, and surely jr owem would have some sort of insurance so isnt it a toss up netween the insurance companies? Is he really gettinig involved or inaccurate reporting?

cliftyhanger

posted on 28/11/14 at 06:48 AM Reply With Quote
Quire rightly, if it was the garages fault, he won't want to claim on his insurance as the fault (he believes) lies entirely with the garage. It is a matter of principal more than financial loss. And maybe the garage is being shoddy in the way they have responded, so he is going for it big time, full bells and whistles claim.

I did something similar (much much smaller scale) when some idiot drove in the side of my car a few years ago. I informed my ins.co and that I intended claiming off the other drivers insurance. Once I got past the call centre staff (that bit is tricky, and I got lucky) the claims handler was actually very supportive, I suspect as it actually made the claim cheaper for them. No legal costs at all. This bloke wants to punish the garage, and win or lose, their name has been tarnished.

loggyboy

posted on 28/11/14 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
The 700000 is nothing to do do with the car, I suspect his insurance will have already paid an agreed value. The 700000 is just compensation for the fact they (allegedly) caused the damage.

Mistral Motorsport

DW100

posted on 28/11/14 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Something smells wrong about this. At the bottom of the article is says he still deals with the garage. Surely if he felt the garage was at fault he would stop using them or if the garage thought he was trying it on they would tell him to go whistle?
mookaloid

posted on 28/11/14 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
Quote: "A spokeswoman for H.R Owen told the Evening Standard: 'This is a case between two insurance companies, but H.R Owen continue to do business with Jon Hunt."

This means that he has claimed off his insurance and his insurers are trying to mitigate their losses by claiming that the garage was at fault. Therefore the garage's indemnity insurance providers have a claim to fight off.

Usually not worth the bother for an insurance company to do this but when the size of the claim is larger it makes it worthwhile to have a go. These civil cases are decided on 'balance of probability' not 'beyond reasonable doubt'

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.