Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC Westfield chassis differences
marti

posted on 10/9/15 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
BEC Westfield chassis differences

Hello,
I'm new here and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I buy my first bec.
Right now I'm between a MK Indy RR or a BEC Westfield.
Does anybody know if the megablade and the megabusa share the same chassis?
Is the megabusa chassis the same from the beginning or are has it been improved over the years?
Thanks in advance

CosKev3

posted on 10/9/15 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Have you signed up to the westfield forum?

You will get the answers off there with ease as not that many westfield owners come on here

kingster996

posted on 10/9/15 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
There's one or two of us Kev, sadly I have no definitive answer to give as mine is a cec.

I'd reckon the true 'mega' chassis will accommodate either engine with a cradle to suit.

[Edited on 10/9/15 by kingster996]

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

phelpsa

posted on 10/9/15 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
The lower engine mounts are welded to the chassis and differ blade to busa engine.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 10/9/15 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I can't see why Westfield would do different chassis for the Megablade and Megabusa. Other than the modifications needed to suit the individual engines, they'd probably be the same. Both the Westfield and MK Indy RR chassis have developed and improved over the years.

Phil

Smokey mow

posted on 10/9/15 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
To my knowledge the Mega chassis' are fundamentally the same and it is only the engine cradles that vary.

The Westfield BEC chassis is signifficantly different in both its design and construction to that of a CEC chassis.

All westfield chassis have continually evolved and their design refined and developed over the years.

[Edited on 10/9/15 by Smokey mow]

marti

posted on 11/9/15 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's going to be a MK.
I'll keep reading and learning a bit more before buying.
Thank you all for your help.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/9/15 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ive had 2 bike engined Mks and Ive had a Stuart Taylor (Aries) bike engine, and just recently got rid of a Westfield Seight.
The only one I would not have again is the Westfield, shocking customer service from there parts deparment, and very poor quality chassis.
If it was not for Martin Keenan at Mk Engineering and his genius with a welder, it would still be in bits in my garage.

kingster996

posted on 11/9/15 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Surprised to hear negative comments about Westfield's build quality. My chassis bought last year is excellent.

The seight is no longer in production so can't comment, but I did have a pre-danny mk chassis before I built my Westfield and the Westy was head and shoulders above it.

However, I have been to mk's workshop and the newer round tubed RR chassis' does look very tasty.

Personally, if I was building a bec it would be between MNR and MK , but a CEC would be a Westfield again any day.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

PAUL FISHER

posted on 11/9/15 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I know now, alot gets covered up on the Westfield forum regarding any chassis problems over the years.
And I am still waiting for a set of mats I ordered from them in April 2014, I just gave up in the end, no one in the parts department would answer the phone, or get back when I left a message, or reply to my emails.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=99308

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/89678-chassis-cracking/

[Edited on 11/9/15 by PAUL FISHER]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.