Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megane indicator stalk or an alternative
steveabr

posted on 28/3/16 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Megane indicator stalk or an alternative

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is having a good easter. I decided to change my Sierra stalks for the above. I have managed to find all lights but can't seem to get the indicators/horn working. I also seem to have two random wires that come from the bottom of the switch, one black one red. Bought a Megane Haynes of eBay but wiring colours do not match with my plug. Has anyone fitted one of these and managed to get it working or any suggestions for a different stalk. At present this stalling my build and I seem to be hitting my head against a brick wall.

Cheers for any help

Steve

rotax78

posted on 28/3/16 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think that's what I used, I just sent it to the chap at premier looms and he sent it back with a new sierra multiplug attached to the correct circuits which made it "plug n play". I don't think it was expensive either.

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

[Edited on 29/3/16 by rotax78]

steveabr

posted on 29/3/16 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that unfortunately not using any of the original Sierra loom, made both looms myself
scudderfish

posted on 29/3/16 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
When I was fitting my (Ford) stalks. I just sat down with a coninuity tester and went through the pins in each stalk position to work out what was what. If you're methodical it doesn't take a lot of time.

Regards,
Dave

steveabr

posted on 29/3/16 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Save

Thanks for reply, sorry to sound negative but testing with multi-meter found the lifts wires. I have three unidentified wires in the multi plug , plus the two at the bottom, which have no effect on meter no mater what I switch on. So far electrics has been a massive pain in arse.

steveabr

posted on 29/3/16 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
Electrics and predictive text are both pain in arse. Should read lights not lift

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.