Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance prices for a BEC
Toprivetguns

posted on 16/5/16 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Insurance prices for a BEC

Afternoon Gents,

Just about to IVA the beast and organising insurance. I have a quote with Adrian flux, just inquiring what people are roughly paying. Also can you recommend anyone else to quote me happy!

Thanks

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

corrado vr6

posted on 16/5/16 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mines £300 with Adrian Flux on my Bec that's with 9 points though. I'm 29 and its stored in a locked garage with a limited annual mileage
HTH

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

zx12r dug

posted on 16/5/16 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi pal I'm with A plan have zx12r in my indy r I pay £143 for 3k miles and agreed value I'm 39yrs old hope this helps
sonic

posted on 16/5/16 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Just insured my CEC with A plan very good and friendly
theduck

posted on 16/5/16 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
On recent experiences of friends I wouldn't touch Adrian Flux at the moment. One had a letter cancelling his insurance because they claimed he lied about having a garage, he had to call them and get them to google street view his house before they would reinstate his policy. Another had an auto renewal taken despite having cancelled the policy. A third had a demand for an extra £100 2 months prior to the end of his policy because they realised they had entered his age wrong when they set up the policy. All of these have occurred recently.

Personally I am with A-Plan and have always had excellent service from the team there.

Toprivetguns

posted on 16/5/16 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Appreciate the input - I shall call A plan tomorrow.

FYI ADRIAN FLUX quoted me £231 plus a named driver with nothing added.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 16/5/16 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I've not been 'satisfied' with Adrian Flush and would wish to do that to the policy, but I'm waiting for the policy to expire since they'll doubtless find a way to penalise me for cancellation.

Footmouth and James will no longer insure the BEC, having done so for many years, so that's out.

The A-plan quotes others have had above are consistent with those I've had from them, so I'm giving them my business next.

Stuck as to who else to go with, damn shame, since I can get fantastic quotes on the usual tin-top rubbish - I'm an old git that avoids speeding penalties by strictly observing the law, unfortunately making other road users somewhat frustrated...

OliilO

posted on 16/5/16 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem

Footmouth and James will no longer insure the BEC, having done so for many years, so that's out.

Assuming that's Footman James, I think (hope?) you're incorrect as I took a policy out for my BEC a few weeks ago. Clearly stated it was a motorcycle engine when asked.

serieslandy

posted on 16/5/16 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
This year I'm with 2gether. Last year was a-plan. Great service from both and of a plan was cheaper would go back.

Adrian flux told me that they couldn't hold a quote and when I said I had a couple of other companies to try said don't bother ringing back next year as I didn't take insurance out with them. I certainly won't!

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 16/5/16 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
£305 with Adrian flux 27k agreed value on 16 plate Mk Indy rr hayabusa
That's my dad 64 and me 34 fully comp 3000 miles

Footman James have quoted £157 for us both!!!!!!

One of the top 4 will give u a good quote but can give other people totally the opposite quote so it's worth ringing them all.

Jon Ison

posted on 16/5/16 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Flux, 130 ish.

I did claim some years ago now, it was quick simple & easy, assessor came out we worked out a price for parts, we agreed how long it would take, we agreed a hourly rate, cheque landed job done, premium didn't increase either hence I to date have just renewed every year, better the devil you know.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 16/5/16 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm..... interesting, F+J definitely would not insure me..... just reinforces how 'different' things can be with individuals, insurance brokers and the cars involved.

Perhaps F+J have my record from the Thought Police, it's quite a long wrap sheet and one of it very PC....

LBMEFM

posted on 16/5/16 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Adrian Flux, £105, MK Indyblade, built 2009. Garaged at my address. I'm 63 with clean licence
twybrow

posted on 16/5/16 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I am with 2Gether. It came down by £20 to £130 this year. I am 34 year old, clean licence, the car is garaged with 3000 mile inclusive policy.
Phil_1471

posted on 17/5/16 at 05:40 AM Reply With Quote
My R1 Sylva Riot is through 2gether too. I'm 30, 1 accident, garaged, 2k miles, £7k value. £180 no excess

You can live in a car but can't rally a house

40inches

posted on 17/5/16 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Been with Adrian Flux for 3 years, £130 first year, rising to £150 last year. Renewal this year £175, the policy is £125 Flux have added £50 in commission and fees
Will be shopping around.

Thats for 4000miles, fully comp, garaged and me at 67 with clean licence.

[Edited on 17-5-16 by 40inches]

Toprivetguns

posted on 17/5/16 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
A plan
Myself 32 and a named driver 31 with SP30
2000 miles + Agreed value

£189 - sold !

Thanks for all the advice.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.