yellowcab - 4/3/14 at 07:23 PM

Anyone else going?

daniel mason - 4/3/14 at 07:29 PM

cant make it mate. working the weekend.

yellowcab - 4/3/14 at 07:32 PM

Bummer pal, looks like a great attendee list

daniel mason - 4/3/14 at 07:42 PM

who do you think will be quickest?
if theres a decent driver in the crossle 9S. that would be my bet.

yellowcab - 4/3/14 at 07:52 PM

Likewise - gotta agree

He'll be sure to get in my footage, with him whizzing by me! lol

unijacko67 - 4/3/14 at 11:44 PM

Just been on you tube and the track/circuit looks ace. looks fast ?

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 12:28 AM

Incredibly fast circuit, won't be liking my 3.38 diff, as I'll be on the limiter in 6th a lot, but hey ho.

Here is my efforts in my old Nova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcR63IZKds

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 12:37 AM

What's weather forecast.

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 12:48 AM

Dry, warm, around 14degrees…
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643553

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 12:53 AM

I'm tempted, 11 places left.

Dan are you up for it if you can get the time off.

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 12:56 AM

There are 10 places left now, as that was before I was booked on…

Tried booking Oulton for Sat 15th, but they are fully booked WITH 15 reserves already

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 01:00 AM

Your on the pace and some in the nova.

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 01:02 AM

Suited the car down to the ground, was a 2.0 16v XE with a Quaife SCCR Gearbox with a ZF Plate 90% diff.

Miss the car so much, I'm looking forward to comparing (lap times) but you're not allowed to do that, so I'll have to go from video footage instead

Had much more confidence in FWD than I do RWD

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 01:19 AM

Booked it!

owelly - 5/3/14 at 03:22 AM

Cadwell is my favourite circuit. My first outing there was many moons ago at Performance Bikes Frenzy. I took a home-tuned TZR125 and got thrown out of the paddock for doing burnout smiley faces...
My plastic car had a great time on it's first outing there as it was the only time it managed to get back on the trailer after an event, under it's own power.
The circuit has everything: fast sweepers, downhill straight followed by a long sweeping up hill. The floaty-light bits over the mountain and greasy bits under the trees and an excellent cafe.
Have fun folks!

ETA: the reason why the staff at Cadwell and Performance Bike Magazine asked us to leave....
Cadwell Parks invitation to go
Cadwell Parks invitation to go

[Edited on 5/3/14 by owelly]

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 06:01 AM

Nice one Jacko! Looking forward to seeing you there!

daniel mason - 5/3/14 at 07:19 AM

definitely cant come jacko. cars not quite ready anyway.just yet. maybe next weekend if you fancy something? I was hoping to get some testing at 3 sisters wigan if you fancy it,as its £50 per hour and close to us. longton also run a few events there and ive got a sprint there on april 6th.

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 07:47 AM

Dan can Terry not cover as he has just had back word on the job I'm on at the moment so got a few free days.

welderman - 5/3/14 at 07:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
definitely cant come jacko. cars not quite ready anyway.just yet. maybe next weekend if you fancy something? I was hoping to get some testing at 3 sisters wigan if you fancy it,as its £50 per hour and close to us. longton also run a few events there and ive got a sprint there on april 6th.

Dan when are the dates for 3 sisters and can anyone just turn up, only ever been there carting about 20 yrs ago !, wow that's along time ago now

daniel mason - 5/3/14 at 05:18 PM

you obviously need to be a club member to compete,have a race license. and your car has to meet msa scrutineering. other than that.print the form from longton and district website and send with funds!
its a round of there championship so you may as well sign up for that as its only £15 or something. and you get £10 off per event if your regisetered!
if you want to do testing you need race lisence and have to phone up to book. also some strict db limits at certain times, and testing is weekdays only i think
cant make it andrew. ill do blyton next saturday instead if youd rather do that, javelin will let you switch if needed. and possibly mallory on 21st

[Edited on 5/3/14 by daniel mason]

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 06:59 PM

This Saturday is better for me Dan as I have to collect a load of bedroom furniture next Friday for a Monday start so my van will be full and I don't feel like shuffling all that gear twice. Cheers.

yellowcab - 5/3/14 at 07:07 PM

C'mon Dan - be a sport and come this weekend

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 07:28 PM

You know you want to Dan.

daniel mason - 5/3/14 at 07:40 PM

doing site mains change friday,saturday,sunday at kendal mintcake so no chance. booked blyton next sat instead!

unijacko67 - 5/3/14 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Cadwell is my favourite circuit. My first outing there was many moons ago at Performance Bikes Frenzy. I took a home-tuned TZR125 and got thrown out of the paddock for doing burnout smiley faces...
My plastic car had a great time on it's first outing there as it was the only time it managed to get back on the trailer after an event, under it's own power.
The circuit has everything: fast sweepers, downhill straight followed by a long sweeping up hill. The floaty-light bits over the mountain and greasy bits under the trees and an excellent cafe.
Have fun folks!

Cheers Owelly, does anyone know if I can rock up late Friday evening and camp/van/merc in pits or will gates be closed. As I won't get set off until after 7pm I'm not gona be there till 10.30 ish so can just park up and get my head down. Cheers.

welderman - 5/3/14 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
you obviously need to be a club member to compete,have a race license. and your car has to meet msa scrutineering. other than that.print the form from longton and district website and send with funds!
its a round of there championship so you may as well sign up for that as its only £15 or something. and you get £10 off per event if your regisetered!
if you want to do testing you need race lisence and have to phone up to book. also some strict db limits at certain times, and testing is weekdays only i think
cant make it andrew. ill do blyton next saturday instead if youd rather do that, javelin will let you switch if needed. and possibly mallory on 21st

[Edited on 5/3/14 by daniel mason]

Cheers for the info Daniel. Not a member of the club. But work insurance stops me from getting msa lichen and car may not pass either lol . Can do track days though

Ta

unijacko67 - 7/3/14 at 08:53 PM

Here on our own, camping, 4.5hrs as traffic was a bit busy.

yellowcab - 7/3/14 at 09:18 PM

Andrew sorry I couldn't join you this evening… I'm setting off at 05:40am, so I'll see you around 0800am ish.

Car is loaded up and ready to go

unijacko67 - 7/3/14 at 09:25 PM

No worries, just going to walk the track "not". To busy on interweb. M62 was a bit packed.

yellowcab - 7/3/14 at 09:40 PM

Do you need anything bringing up with me Andrew?

unijacko67 - 7/3/14 at 09:53 PM

Not that I can think of mate, there's a lot booked on and I can see myself getting in a lot of traffic holding everyone up, but should be fun. Cheers.

daniel mason - 8/3/14 at 06:43 PM

anyone break any lap records

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 06:51 PM

So today was Cadwell Park, the first track day of mine for 2014… now Cadwell Park holds a few memories for me - mainly being my personal favourite of the country from back in my Nova days, suited my driving style along with the old XE with Quaife straight-cut gearbox…. however I stacked it into the barriers at Park Corner… so there were little demons today….

Lets rewind, last night in my preparation for today - I decided to check my oil level, with it being midnight (what other time would you do such a thing?!) I didn't want to start the car, so I stupidly checked my dry sump tank and realised it was low on oil… so in my bleary eyed way… what did I do? Yes of course, I topped it up…. I thought - good job I checked, I thought…

So my trailers maiden voyage went completely without a hitch (sorry, couldn't resist) and was perfect all the way there, despite only being 90 miles from us, its completely across country up the A46 so took about 2 hours there abouts

Got the Cadwell, got car off trailer - sorted. Noise check… they spotted it was BEC, they spotted it was 11k/12k rev limit, so they asked me for 7krpm… so up I go, 103dB, thats cool with me - I'm there.

Got back to my parking space next to my trailer, to what can only be described as the Exorcist scene of oil, instead of blood… absolutely everywhere - couldn't think for the life of me where it was gushing from.

Whacked the engine off, checked the time, brilliant, not even 08:30am and we have problems, grrr.

So I was about to grab my spare t-shirts to start mopping up, but thanks to Andrew (unijacko67) he went and told the marshals who came over and did it all for me - couldn't have been better, they mopped up, put sand down, gave me a load of absorbent rally pads, and then offered to jet wash my engine bay to save it being spread about, which we did. Spot on. Thats better.

From there on in, the car ran perfectly, many thanks for the journey that my car has been on - mainly thanks to cosmick for his constant help and assistance, but equally so to Mat Gilmore @ ProComp - him and his Dad have single handedly turned my car from being a jalopy to drive, to a machine. Cannot recommend and thank them enough for their hard work last October… sorry its took so long to see the proof in the pudding, but Andrew (unijacko67) will vouch for how it handles despite everything else…

Anyway - enough of my ramblings, top day, cool, warmed up in the afternoon, no rain, put my slicks on - they were also awesome - in the process now of getting the photos up, and videos onto YouTube

My brother in law turned up, and he managed to get a cracking shot of my with my front wheels off the floor at the top of the mountain he's gone away until Monday, so I took a shot of the back of his camera - cracking catch this - I know Jon Ison has a very similar shot, but his front wheels are much further off the tarmac

[Edited on 8/3/14 by yellowcab]

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 07:01 PM

Some of Nicks photos from xtremesportsphotography

Cracking panning shot this, love the new nose from this angle

Through the woods

Uh ho, up Park straight towards Park Corner

Coming out of Barn Corner

Switching on my GoPro…

In between Barn & Coppice

Hall bends

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 08:24 PM

Daniel - not sure about records but on the video below I managed:

1m 53s (traffic)
1m 56s (traffic)
1m 47s
1m 48s
1m 50s

adithorp - 8/3/14 at 08:51 PM

I'm guessing ('cos you don't say) that it wasn't low on oil, but just drained back into the sump with the engine off, and overflowed when running.

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 08:56 PM

Sorry yes, I didn't explain - I wasn't aware that on a dry sump system, when the engine is switched off - the oil gets dumped in to the engine yes… so I topped it up (without it running) so when I did start it - it spewed EVERYWHERE lol

unijacko67 - 8/3/14 at 08:58 PM

It was a good day, I loved it, but my ears are shot as my good lady passenger was a tad vocal. Olly (yellowcab) I need to rename you to oily, lol. Good driving Oily.

Ps forgot to take any pictures in the pits so can you send me those with the Kitten in to andrew@jacksonsmail.co.uk

Andy D - 8/3/14 at 09:31 PM

Nice write up.. that pic of park straight.. how "un straight" is that!

Was that Skooby clinic car quick?

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 09:39 PM

660bhp full out race car, yup it was mental!!!

unijacko67 - 8/3/14 at 10:08 PM

He got passed me eventually.

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 10:14 PM

What an awesome pic lol

Jon Ison - 8/3/14 at 10:15 PM

Oily, what silencer you got fitted, doesent look over large, 102 is pretty good.

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 10:23 PM

It's 'the anchor' lol

Aprillia RSV Mille standard can, but I want it quieter ideally

unijacko67 - 8/3/14 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
What an awesome pic lol

Our Robert was in the scary seat of the scooby and I had Robert's mate in with me, he said it was so fast and uneventful, but I guess that's what a good driver does, the handling was out of this world and at no time did he think it was going to get out of shape.

It was a completely different scenario when he came out with me !!!!!!

Jon Ison - 8/3/14 at 10:38 PM

quote:
It's 'the anchor' lol

Aprillia RSV Mille standard can, but I want it quieter ideally

What's the fitting on those, I too am looking to get quieter, what's yr plan ?

yellowcab - 8/3/14 at 11:38 PM

The inlet bore size is huge, maybe 2.25" or something?

I'll take some pics, its rather heavy which is why I'd like to change...

yellowcab - 9/3/14 at 03:09 AM

First time at Cadwell Park for me in the Busa, last time I was here I was driving the Nova!

Worth a full watch for those loving bike engine'd cars... Speakers up, for some reason the first two laps remind me of greyhound racing, letting me out the stocks to catch the bait, the Civic and the two MX5's… on freezing cold slicks mind, hence slow to begin with...

Then 2m 12s is awesome… MX5, MX5, Golf GTi, Megane & Clio all on the start/finish straight heading into Coppice…

Then wait for the fastest Saxo I've come across to make an appearance, fantastic tussle, albeit I was naughty to chase on a trackday, all in the name of fun.

Brilliant trackday by Javelin, recorded on a GoPro HD Hero 2

Get sharing people

http://youtu.be/pCpuIh9ZLCA

Davey D - 9/3/14 at 07:32 AM

Did the mclarren actually go on the track? I saw it roll up in the scrutineering area at dinner time, but I left around 2:30 so didn't see him do anything other than mince around the place

daniel mason - 9/3/14 at 07:35 AM

great vid. that saxo was quick! nice driving

yellowcab - 9/3/14 at 07:41 AM

Davey you were there too?

Yes the McLaren went on track, was incredibly slow and getting over taken by most, but then I can't imagine wanting to hoon a £200k car around too much lol

Daniel, think the Saxo is supercharged, so more power and torque than me, was quick on the straights

Andy D - 9/3/14 at 07:46 AM

Enjoyed the vid, it's a shame the reg flags came out at the end, just as you got going after the Saxo. I've seen him a few times at Cadwell, and I think its fair to say he knows his way round the circuit.

yellowcab - 9/3/14 at 07:53 AM

Yes he's just found me in Facebook somehow and added me as a friend, so will find out more in due course.

I've only been the once before, seems to suit my driving style quite well

Andy D - 9/3/14 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Yes he's just found me in Facebook somehow and added me as a friend, so will find out more in due course.

I've only been the once before, seems to suit my driving style quite well

Planet Saxx:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359308

yellowcab - 9/3/14 at 07:58 AM

Well found!

Davey D - 9/3/14 at 08:56 AM

Yeah I was there in my vortx... Just spectating this time. I did see your cars parked up, but none was around for me to say hi to.

Proby - 9/3/14 at 09:45 AM

Looks like a good day was had, that circuit looks narrow at certain points!

Krismc - 9/3/14 at 09:46 AM

quote:
First time at Cadwell Park for me in the Busa, last time I was here I was driving the Nova!

Worth a full watch for those loving bike engine'd cars... Speakers up, for some reason the first two laps remind me of greyhound racing, letting me out the stocks to catch the bait, the Civic and the two MX5's… on freezing cold slicks mind, hence slow to begin with...

Then 2m 12s is awesome… MX5, MX5, Golf GTi, Megane & Clio all on the start/finish straight heading into Coppice…

Then wait for the fastest Saxo I've come across to make an appearance, fantastic tussle, albeit I was naughty to chase on a trackday, all in the name of fun.

Get sharing people

Hello matey, what settings did you record that on and how long did it take to upload?

yellowcab - 9/3/14 at 11:33 AM

1080p Full Res @ 25fps.
Widest Angle

Took around 2hrs to upload to YouTube, just left it overnight

unijacko67 - 9/3/14 at 06:45 PM

I quite liked this picture

And my good lady, who suffered until dinner time, looks like she'd taken her teeth out eh. training her up for Blyton. lol

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk/post/79056714037/i-wondered-why-she-had-gone-quiet-cadwell-park

jossey - 9/3/14 at 07:58 PM

What engine was in that ford ka? Anyone know please

Krismc - 9/3/14 at 09:21 PM

quote:
1080p Full Res @ 25fps.
Widest Angle

Took around 2hrs to upload to YouTube, just left it overnight

Cheers mate, that would kill my PC. Ive got a hero 3 black and my last laptop hard drive melted during a video upload.

Jay1990 - 10/3/14 at 07:36 PM

Hey guys,

Just popped on here as I was searching for videos/pictures from the day and Found you guys

The kitten and the 'busa both went very well on the day. I was in the Orange Focus ST, bog standard minus uprated brake fluid! Was a great day, Been to cadwell a few times in a previous car. Just thought id pop on and say Hi and that the cars look great!

I'll be uploading my vids to youtube at somepoint, Im sure i''l have some of youre cars.

Jason

[Edited on 10/3/14 by Jay1990]

yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 07:46 PM

Hi Jay - there is lots of footage of you in Stewarts videos from his Saxo - have you seen those vids?

Never got a chance to have a chat on the day - but I'm sure our paths will cross in the future.

I knew I wasn't the only one to search 'Cadwell' into YouTube and Google days following a track day to see footage lol

Take care

Olly

yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 07:52 PM

Some fantastic pics from Dave Carter - it's amazing what you learn about your car from external photos whilst 'on it'

My rear arches now need tiding up as the Kawasaki green is coming out, and my exhaust can needs replacing as its burning the carbon lol

Also, my drivers front wheel I think has a bit too much negative camber

Squatting going up the mountain

Stewarts 244bhp Saxo chase heading up the mounting

Jay1990 - 10/3/14 at 08:03 PM

Yeah Ive watched his first video, Camera lighting isnt great in it, certainly was a fast little car that.

Where did you get the "Dave Carter" photos from? I know Xtreme photography did pics of the day, just wondered if there was others

Thanks

yellowcab - 10/3/14 at 08:08 PM

Nick from xtreme is the 'official' tog… Dave is another photographer, as is Paul Thomson…

Add me to Faceache, and I'll tag you in the rest of the shots

Jay1990 - 10/3/14 at 08:14 PM

Nice, I would add you If I knew what to search for

unijacko67 - 10/3/14 at 11:15 PM

Chris in the silver saxo with the black bonnet has just sent me a load of pictures and as Olly says you can learn a bit from them as I suspect I need to put some harder front springs on the car as it does seem to roll quite a lot.

yellowcab - 11/3/14 at 09:20 PM

unijacko67 (years) you make an appearance here at 35secs, and 1m 6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfgaBK362AE

unijacko67 - 11/3/14 at 10:22 PM

Good spot, Cheers.

Our lad took a small clip on his mobile.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk/post/79298592784

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 03:34 PM

Got some pics off Dave Carter for you Andrew… here they are

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 05:26 PM

5m 45s in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heendCAmfAY

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 05:30 PM

2m 32s

Scooby coming to get me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_d7wphY4GU

Jay1990 - 12/3/14 at 06:34 PM

The youtube clips are coming thick and fast.

Dont Suppose Dave Carter took any of my relatively boring car ?

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 06:45 PM

Hi Jay -

This is the Facebook page you can find David Carter

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1443791022507262/

unijacko67 - 12/3/14 at 06:47 PM

I like the last picture you kindly posted of us going up the mountain Olly, Thanks.

yellowcab - 12/3/14 at 06:51 PM

Yes it's very flattering angle, as your rear end doesn't look so high, as its squatting!

Jay1990 - 12/3/14 at 06:54 PM

Thanks very much

unijacko67 - 15/3/14 at 12:22 AM

Bit of you and me Olly on this vid

pmc_3 - 23/3/14 at 02:30 PM

quote:

Get sharing people

I've been following your progress on the car since you bought it, looks like it goes very well and some nice touches on it. I didn't twig until I saw your youtube username and the part about the Nova that you used to be on mig, blast from the past! I remember the Astra before the Nova and your missus had a tigra iirc?

yellowcab - 23/3/14 at 05:31 PM

Yep - thats me, and Michelle yep thats right - purple Tigra with my white Astra MK3 Turbo, sold for the white Nova

I recognised your username a few months back, but couldn't remember where from

pmc_3 - 23/3/14 at 09:00 PM

Yeah we've met a couple of times, I think I bought a stealth shelf off you and we met again at a rolling road day at Northampton Motorsport. Once i've finished building my car maybe i'll see you at a track day. Pete