Board logo

How many times can you sell one car
peter030371 - 18/8/15 at 02:25 PM

Whats going on with this car on ebay linky

This year it must have been listed a dozen times or more with various prices and various options i.e. buy-it-now and auctions. Just looking at the completed list on ebay, which only goes back 3 months, and its listed 6 times...and on 4 of them it seemed to have sold! What seems even more dodgy is that during this time its been listed by at least 5 different user accounts but 3 of them all start 'sinners-skin' with a different number at the end

Is this legit or should we be warning people to stay clear?

SteveRST - 18/8/15 at 03:01 PM

Seems odd, especially the multiple "sinners-skin" ebay profiles.

Someone's obviously been doing some work to it though. It seems to have undergone a cosmetic make-over in the last month or two. Current seller looks legit.

Then

Now

Doctor Derek Doctors - 18/8/15 at 03:08 PM

I saw the thread title and thought it was going to be the Grey/Silver and Orange 'Busa Turbo thing Again

Jeano - 18/8/15 at 03:11 PM

I remember looking at this and thinking it looked fun a few months back

peter030371 - 18/8/15 at 03:34 PM

It did have a red bonnet the first time it came up and I think that sold late last year/ early this year. Since then it has had progressively more work/ wrapping done to it but the odd thing is the amount of times it has sold and each by different sellers!

bi22le - 18/8/15 at 08:06 PM

Its been used if it has been wrapped and now has a few stone chips in it.

alfas - 23/8/15 at 08:54 AM

nothing uncommon nowadays having 3, 4 or more ebay accounts...especially for professional sellers.

you never wondered how items from prefessional sellers "always" reached the correct prices, even the auction was started with a bargain-price?

i do not know anybody within my friends not pushing prices in their auctions, using freinds accounts, or asking friends, relatives etc. to bid

common procedure today and also known to ebay...why should they stop it? the higher the sales price, the more commission they get!!

back to this car: was this phone number 07969170866 also given in the other auctions?

[Edited on 23/8/15 by alfas]

peter030371 - 10/9/15 at 02:26 PM

I see its back on ebay again.....still seems very odd to me. Never seen a single car listed so many times!

SteveRST - 10/9/15 at 02:55 PM

Yeah, listed again by the same seller this time though for £500 less. Obvs didn't sell the last time.

CRAIGR - 10/9/15 at 03:54 PM

Sure I remember this car from the late nineties when it was all white. Spoke to the owner of it at a Fisher open day in Marden. Mac Allardyce had it for a while . Way to early for a Raw factory built car.

[Edited on 10/9/15 by CRAIGR]

Toys2 - 10/9/15 at 06:34 PM

I saw the new listing too, with a smile after reading this thread

It's interesting to look at the difference in the pictures between this and the last time it was listed

I can't see any actual work that's been done since last time, but this time, I think it looks more complete, better camera angles, so the bare interior is less obvious, though I'd only have 1 photo with the weather gear on, it rarely looks great

So purely out of interest, what's the opinion on it's true value?

My guess is £6000 to £6500

alfas - 10/9/15 at 11:47 PM

Vehicle make
SYLVA
Date of first registration
15 September 1997
Year of manufacture
Cylinder capacity (cc)
1600cc
CO₂Emissions
Not available
Fuel type
PETROL
Vehicle status
Tax not due
Vehicle colour
WHITE
Vehicle type approval
Not available
Wheelplan
2 AXLE RIGID BODY

so its still listed as "white'' with the dvla

RAW was founded 1999, so this car is definately a SYLVA (V5 says sylva, too)

Fiesta RS Turbo was introduced in April 1990 and production continued until 1992 ( --> wiki)

IMO, its worth not more than 5k

l5tuy - 11/9/15 at 11:44 AM

That sounds like typical Ebay and sellers bidding up there own auctions with the result of them winning then having to relist, i'd still be happ to buy but only after checking everything twice.

Stu

daveb666 - 11/9/15 at 11:57 AM

Used to be owned by a chap from here in Selby. He fitted the rest engine.

SteveRST - 11/9/15 at 12:31 PM

My '98 Westfield had a Fiesta RS Turbo engine in it when I bought it 3 years ago. This guy is asking £8.5k.... that's way overpriced... especially at this time of year! I paid quite a lot less than HALF of that for my Westy Twas a bargain though

[Edited on 11/9/15 by SteveRST]