Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Every competitors worse nightmare - hit in the trailer
bi22le

posted on 16/8/17 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I would think more people than you realise really liked your car, and this is a really shame.

Remember; Faster, lighter, stronger.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

richardm6994

posted on 16/8/17 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Watching those videos with a sad smile!
She wasn't just a car, she was an engineering masterpiece.

I'm sure your next endeavour will be just as interesting and fantastic!!

[Edited on 16/8/17 by richardm6994]

mackei23b

posted on 17/8/17 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
As said before. I really liked the look of the car and it clearly went very well to, a great shame. But on the bright side new beginnings....
Jenko

posted on 17/8/17 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Thanks for the kind thoughts (and offers of help), I'm genuinely touched. I haven't realised how many people like(d) the car until this has happened.

'How many people like(d) the car'!!!!!!!!........I've been having naughty dreams about it since that bodywork was done!...

[Edited on 17/8/17 by Jenko]

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

bonzoronnie

posted on 17/8/17 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Thanks for the kind thoughts (and offers of help), I'm genuinely touched. I haven't realised how many people like(d) the car until this has happened.

'How many people like(d) the car'!!!!!!!!........I've been having naughty dreams about it since that bodywork was done!...

[Edited on 17/8/17 by Jenko]

Me too.
Glad I am not the only one.

Love the car, it's on my to die for list.

Very sad to read of its sad demise

jeffw

posted on 17/8/17 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
The insurance companies assessor is coming out this pm so we will see what the results of that are.

Shooter63

posted on 18/8/17 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Being a mercenary git, who will own the rights to the salvage when it's written Off?

Shooter

luke2152

posted on 18/8/17 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
If you were 5th overall what the bleep was first?! You are bloody moving
jeffw

posted on 19/8/17 at 05:16 AM Reply With Quote
We only got one timed run before the rain came and I was 5th but less than 1 sec off the 3/4th place guys. I wouldn't have caught the Single Seater which was FTD but should really have been 2nd overall.

jeffw

posted on 19/8/17 at 05:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
Being a mercenary git, who will own the rights to the salvage when it's written Off?

Shooter

You can be a mercenary git somewhere else. I will not be discussing that with anyone as I don't want to see parts of my car appearing else where.

Furyous

posted on 19/8/17 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
I've been following this car for years, getting excited every time you post an update. It's a car I show to friends when we're talking about the Fury. I watch the track videos with amazement at how capable it is. It seems like it's only been a couple of months since you got the mean looking bodywork finished. And now it's been destroyed because of some idiot. Not because you pushed a little too hard while using it properly. It happened in stationary traffic.

I personally feel gutted about this, and I've never even seen the car in person.

This is the kind of thing that terrifies me about my Fury. It's not the best, but I've dedicated so much time and effort to it that I would hate for some idiot to wreck it. If someone wrecks a tin top you get your insurance pay out and buy another, but insurance can't replace time.

HowardB

posted on 20/8/17 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
I concur, I only saw the car for real at Steve's place before the awesome body kit, it was/is a beacon in the community, and often when I say I have a Fury, I reference it's performance to your car Jeff,. a youtube of the Brighton speed trials never fails to impress.

There is a long and proud history of car rebuilds on here, mine included, having said that - I am not sure that I can imagine how truly upset this must have made you.

fingers crossed for the right resolution

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

jeffw

posted on 20/8/17 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Again, thank you for the kind words.

Pat_T

posted on 20/8/17 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Really sorry to hear this Jeff, I've always been really admiring this car and your performances with it and was looking forward to finally meeting you at the Brighton Speed Trials in a couple of weeks!

Norma is a good shout, have you also looked at Juno's? I used to work there/build/run them and can vouch for them being incredible bits of kit!

all the best.
Patrick

[Edited on 20/8/17 by Pat_T]

jeffw

posted on 20/8/17 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Pat

Sorry I'll not be there

I am looking at all the VdeV type cars but there seem to be very few Junos around compared with Ligier or Norma.

alfas

posted on 20/8/17 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
i hope the insurances in Uk are not like the rest of europe:

trailored vehicels are declared as "goods", hence they are not covered by their value unless you have made a seperate transport-insurance.

car insurances can be made in 3 ranges over here...dont kow how it is in UK:

1.liability
2. partial coverage (glass damage, hail damage or if the car gets stolen)
3. full coverage (covers all, even if the damage /accident was caused by yourselves)

with some insurances , depending on the wording of the contract, no.3. might cover the value of the car on the trailor.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.