Board logo

MX5 NC bushes
JC - 7/12/22 at 02:42 PM

Hi all,

Sons NC MX5 has just failed its MoT on rear bushes, and front bushes. I can’t find readily available OEM rubber bushes, only complete arms. Any ideas?
Otherwise, can anyone recommend a decent road Poly bush set - not too expensive!

Thanks

nick205 - 7/12/22 at 03:49 PM

Can't suggest where to get parts, but if they're anthing like VW/Seat/Audi/Skoa parts it's usually simpler and more effective to replace to complete arm. Removing the old bushes and installing replacments is a PITA.

PorkChop - 9/12/22 at 01:16 PM

IL Motorsport (probably via MX5Parts) for rubber bushes.

JC - 12/12/22 at 10:13 AM

So, I've found duratecnc who do decent poly bushes. Have a plan forming to get reasonable second hand lower arms and get the garage to fit them. Then polybush the old arms and replace them myself - let the garage loosen all the rusty bolts lol.

However......my instinct tells me if I fit poly bushes on the lower arms, I should do the top arm as well.....thoughts?

SJ - 12/12/22 at 02:03 PM

My Mazda 6 failed the MOT on the bushes in the front arms. I replaced the arms but ther existing ones were perfect and if anything had less play than the new ones. Be interesting to see how worn your son's seem when you swap them.