Board logo

Photo Archive Problems
Mark Allanson - 18/6/04 at 08:31 PM

Sorry! image/jpeg is an unnsuported file type. Please email ChrisW if you believe it should be

Thats what I get every time I try to upload a photo, they are .jpeg's, about 100k in size

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Hellfire - 18/6/04 at 08:46 PM

Dave Ashurst had the same problem a while ago. Resave it as another file name and try again... or email it to me and I'll have a go with it Mark.

Peteff - 18/6/04 at 11:33 PM

It takes .jpg and .gif files. Are you typing the file extension as .jpeg instead of .jpg?

[Edited on 18/6/04 by Peteff]

ChrisW - 19/6/04 at 09:49 AM

It *should* accept .jpeg aswell but this is my code so it's probably full of bugs! The main thing to check is that there are no spaces in the name.

Chris

Dave Ashurst - 19/6/04 at 01:41 PM

Chris
I am at a loss too. It's not important in the grand scheme of things, so I gave up a while back.

It's not gaps in the filename. I tried that. I sent an image to Hellfire that I couldn't upload. He kindly uploaded it to his archive OK.

In the past I had no problem and my archive contained loads of jpg's. Then one day it just seemed to stop accepting them from me.
(Note - I deleted the old ones recently).

It takes gif files ok - but they're a bit bulky really.

It would be nice if I could post some of my recent images to the archive, but not important.

regards
Dave

ChrisW - 19/6/04 at 11:05 PM

Ahh... I think there may also be a bug for people with spaces in their usernames. Bit late now, but I'll have a look tomorrow evening if someone reminds me (on MSN!)

Chris

Mark Allanson - 19/6/04 at 11:24 PM

Thanks, Chris, appreciated

David Jenkins - 20/6/04 at 06:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Ahh... I think there may also be a bug for people with spaces in their usernames. (on MSN!)

Chris

Could be - I can't upload anything either.

David

Dave Ashurst - 27/6/04 at 06:27 AM

I just registered as daveashurst and tried again. Didn't work though.

bob - 27/6/04 at 08:29 AM

Me too

never mind i'm sure chris will sort it out quicker than his viento build

PeterGT4 - 27/6/04 at 11:47 PM

I made sure to add the ".jpg" suffix to the title of the picture in the upload window (instead of just relying on the system to recognise the file type). Well I hope it works after I post this...

PeterGT4 - 27/6/04 at 11:47 PM

Yep, it did. New avatar!

Staple balls - 28/6/04 at 12:47 AM

if you wanna upload jpg file, change the extension to .gif - works fine