Board logo

Wishbone dimensions
Steve Lovelock - 19/7/10 at 08:18 PM

Hello,

If anybody is building a Velocity and can measure the internal diameter of the wishbone tubes that the bushes mount in I would be grateful? Also I would appreciate knowing how wide they are as well.

Thanks

Steve Lovelock - 31/7/10 at 07:28 AM

Is there anybody actually building a Luego at the moment? I'm beginning to think not, and how depressing is that!

I would like to order a new set of bushes so that I can fit them when I return from my hols so can't look at my own car for sizes. Surely somebody must have a Velocity in a semi-built or stripped state?

Help me please
Steve

stevegough - 31/7/10 at 08:39 PM

Steve, I hear your request, but even though my build is in progress, my wishbones are as inaccessible as yours. - Sorry!

How about asking Ben Lord at Luego?

Dave Bailey - 1/8/10 at 08:55 PM

I have some unfitted bushes... I replaced the hard plastic ones with poly bushes plus I made the crush rubes a bit longer so that the bolts could be done up tight and the wishbones still move easily... I had the crushtubes made from stainless also.... Do you want me to measure the bushes and the original tubes i have..

Dave B.

Steve Lovelock - 2/8/10 at 09:20 AM

Dave,

What bushes did you fit?
Have they worked?
What are dimensions of your new crush tubes?

Cheers
Steve

Dave Bailey - 3/8/10 at 07:21 AM

I'll dig out the receipt today.... and I will check to see if I have the dimensions of the crush tube....

Dave B

Dave Bailey - 3/8/10 at 08:36 PM

Steve sorry didn't get to the garage today... I will try tomorrow..

thanks
Dave B

Dave Bailey - 4/8/10 at 05:44 PM

Steve first bit of info... The company I used for the bushes was SuperFlex... I actually kept the same length crush tubes just had them remade in Stainless.. What I had done was have the bushes machined off so that they were sub flush with the crush tube when fitted.Superflex did this. I will check tonight to see if I have one I can measure but I don't think I had any spares done.

Steve Lovelock - 4/8/10 at 07:20 PM

Thanks for that Dave. I am thinking of using Superflex at the moment so that is good to know.

Do they work without squeaking?

Dave Bailey - 4/8/10 at 09:38 PM

Steve.. I have not got my car on the road yet but jumping up and down on it they seem to be squeak free!

Dave B

Dave Bailey - 5/8/10 at 09:15 PM

Steve the bushes I bought were 2043-90.. What I did was arange to have a couple of samples then I trial fitted them into a couple of the wish bones and worked out how much I needed to have machined off to have the crush tube slightly longer. I only have one spare bush that was not machined and I can't find the details in my mail... I think I have probably lost the dimensions I used in a mail crash.... a few years back.

Sorry not as much help as I hoped...

[Edited on 5/8/10 by Dave Bailey]

Steve Lovelock - 5/8/10 at 09:50 PM

It was great help Dave, thank you