Board logo

Velocity XT suspension bushes
Streetfighterpete - 7/2/16 at 02:37 PM

Hey guys, I'm stripping my Velocity XT for a complete rebuild. On the front wishbones the brackets are wider than the boss on the arm thereby requiring spacers. However on the rear the bracket is exactly the correct width. Is that normal? Just seems strange that it's correct at the rear but not at the front? Also the bushes are the original black (I'm assuming polyurethane) and are in good condition. Would anyone recommend re-using or replacing with Superflex or similar? Cheers, Pete

Dave Bailey - 7/2/16 at 03:24 PM

I built mine and replaced the original black bushes with supaflex plus I also had a new set of stainless inserts made the correct length... I can check mine but from memory the front brackets are wider. Luego planned for washers to be used to pack the gap but I had some ally spacers made and anodised.

Dave B

Streetfighterpete - 7/2/16 at 04:07 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Since posting I've taken out the lower wishbones and there seems to be a bit of play, so I think I will replace the bushes. I'm going to do similar to you and get some stainless spacers turned up. Just seems odd that Luego made the bracket correct at the rear, but wide at the front.

Cheers,

Pete

rusty nuts - 7/2/16 at 04:08 PM

The reason the front brackets are wider is to allow some adjustment of the castor angle . Stainless crush tubes are a good idea

Streetfighterpete - 12/2/16 at 02:57 PM

I thought the eccentric on the top of the upright was for castor adjustment?

Slimy38 - 12/2/16 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Streetfighterpete
I thought the eccentric on the top of the upright was for castor adjustment?

Nope... I can't remember why, but I just know it's not.

Streetfighterpete - 12/2/16 at 09:30 PM

Theres a massive difference in price for the poly bushes. Superflex and Powerflex are about 4 times the cost of a set off ebay - are they worth the additional cost? I don't plan to do another 'ground up' rebuild. Any advise gratefully accepted.

Cheers

Pete

Steve Lovelock - 6/3/16 at 08:41 PM

Yes, they are worth it

rusty nuts - 6/3/16 at 08:46 PM

Hi Steve, nice to see your still lurking , Mel

wilkingj - 8/3/16 at 05:33 PM

Ho Ho Mel... There are always Lurkers!

Geoff

rusty nuts - 8/3/16 at 06:14 PM

Ive heard the rumours!

jollygreengiant - 15/3/16 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Ive heard the rumours!

Great album by Fleetwood Mac, but been out years.

rusty nuts - 15/3/16 at 07:30 PM

Think I'm in trouble? Think about it Clive.

jollygreengiant - 15/3/16 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Think I'm in trouble? Think about it Clive.

I don't do thinking, it rots the brain cells.