Board logo

anyone know this car?
skydivepaul - 24/9/19 at 10:08 PM

Just seen this ad on ebay and it is advertised as a Lightspeed kit car ( Luego velocity)
Is it a luego velocity or a lightspeed or is the same thing?
Is it anyone on here or is it known?
May be interested, looks like a steady winter project

link to ebay

slingshot2000 - 24/9/19 at 11:10 PM

It smells funny to me, let me expand in the morning, but I'm sure Might sleep were based near Whitby and never built a LSIS. Didn't Owelly have something to do with them ?

slingshot2000 - 24/9/19 at 11:14 PM

It smells funny to me, let me expand in the morning, but I'm sure Lightspeed
1 were based near Whitby and never built a LSIS. Didn't Owelly have something to do with them ?

loggyboy - 25/9/19 at 12:20 AM

Ringadingading

rusty nuts - 25/9/19 at 07:02 AM

If you check the MOT history it comes up as a Lightspeed Robin Hood , also check the year of manufacture, another clue! Doubt it has ever seen a SVA or IVA . A bit Quasimodo don’t you think?

AFAIK Lightspeed only produced the Magenta?

[Edited on 25/9/19 by rusty nuts]

peter030371 - 25/9/19 at 07:31 AM

Also its not tax exempt and never will be, only 'Historic (classic) vehicles' can ever be tax exempt if they meet certain criteria. See here for more details https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria/historic-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria#acceptabl e-changes

skydivepaul - 25/9/19 at 09:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
If you check the MOT history it comes up as a Lightspeed Robin Hood , also check the year of manufacture, another clue! Doubt it has ever seen a SVA or IVA . A bit Quasimodo don’t you think?

I built a westfield in 1990, that was before SAV / IVA. I just took it to my local MOT station, they passed it, gave me an MOT certificate and that was good enough for a registration.

Interested to see if anyone knows the history and if it's a decent build.

Nickp - 25/9/19 at 09:56 AM

It's a ringer, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole
Unless you're prepared to IVA and register it properly of course?

rusty nuts - 25/9/19 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul
quote:

I built a westfield in 1990, that was before SAV / IVA. I just took it to my local MOT station, they passed it, gave me an MOT certificate and that was good enough for a registration.

Interested to see if anyone knows the history and if it's a decent build.

IF it is a Luego I don’t think they were produced before SVA became compulsory, The seller can’t make up his mind what the car is , a Lightspeed who to the best of my knowledge never made a seven type car, Luego or a Robin Hood which is what it’s called for MOT purposes.

Agreed kits built before SVA only needed an MOT but would you part with your money on a suspect car when there are loads of legit cars out there

skydivepaul - 25/9/19 at 10:42 AM

IF it is a Luego I don’t think they were produced before SVA became compulsory, The seller can’t make up his mind what the car is , a Lightspeed who to the best of my knowledge never made a seven type car, Luego or a Robin Hood which is what it’s called for MOT purposes.

Agreed kits built before SVA only needed an MOT but would you part with your money on a suspect car when there are loads of legit cars out there

True enough, I wont part with my hard earned for a suspect car.

CosKev3 - 25/9/19 at 08:00 PM

Google Lightspeed and you will see what it is meant to look like!

This car was bought by the current owner off the person that rebuilt it,he didn't know anything was dodgy with it.
But he's still advertising it!

skydivepaul - 25/9/19 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Google Lightspeed and you will see what it is meant to look like!

This car was bought by the current owner off the person that rebuilt it,he didn't know anything was dodgy with it.
But he's still advertising it!

Cheers had already googled what one looks like.......................bloody ugly

rusty nuts - 25/9/19 at 08:19 PM

Don’t tell Owelly that!

Paul_Arion - 25/9/19 at 08:28 PM

Looks like it’s no longer for sale!!

slingshot2000 - 25/9/19 at 08:40 PM

I can remember visiting their "factory" in about 1983, a mate had a Magenta, it was fully back then. They were also trying a beach buggy body for a Beetle floorpan, but can't think they ever finished it. Def never built a 7 !

skydivepaul - 25/9/19 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Don’t tell Owelly that!

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Bluemoon - 26/9/19 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skydivepaul
quote:
Don’t tell Owelly that!

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder