Board logo

Begging post
carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 11:04 AM

Ok so here's the deal, due to our impending wedding (3 months time) I have had to let go the opportunity to buy a new project.
Now I'm bored. Stone cold bored.
So the mrs has agreed that I can have a new project so long as it doesn't cost anything.

So that brings me to the "begging" does anyone know of any abandoned projects looking for a home? A donation of time/ skills / labour or beer is all I have to offer as an exchange.

Thanks

coozer - 13/4/14 at 11:10 AM

Why not start a scratch build, then just gather the parts dripping beer money at it?

carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 11:38 AM

I have the roadster already I wasn't planning to go down the 7 route again
There are so many and varied projects on here that I figured its a real smorgasbord

HappyFather - 13/4/14 at 12:42 PM

I'm looking into "the next project" when the 7 is over. Since you don't have kids, I'll skip those ideas.

The current top for me is to build my own arcade cabinet (either with a PC inside or a Raspberry Pi).

On YouTube and the net at large there are many accounts of this. Some require more investment than others. If you have an old PC lying around, an old monitor (can be CRT) and some wood, you'll just need to shell out for the arcade buttons, joystick and maybe a USB board, depending on the buttons etc.

carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 01:11 PM

I have 3 sons Alfie 6 jack 8 and Liam almost 9

PorkChop - 13/4/14 at 02:31 PM

Does it have to be a car project? Or could it be something totally unrelated?

splitrivet - 13/4/14 at 02:51 PM

Lots of projects here you can do dude, but I would feel guilty drinking your beer while your doing them for me especially as you will have paid so much in bus fare to get here.
Or have I misunderstood this post ??
Cheers,
Bob

carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 03:11 PM

Phil - nope

Split riv- always plenty to do in stoke, I went to college in Burslem.

ashg - 13/4/14 at 03:51 PM

You can come help me finish my car :-) I have 6weeks to get it roadworthy

carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 03:54 PM

I would love to mate but I don't get free use of the van anymore
and you live 100 miles away

ashg - 13/4/14 at 04:31 PM

That' sucks. Did you change job or are they just clamping down?

HomersDouble - 13/4/14 at 04:35 PM

Are you into sailing?

I've got a GP14 dinghy taking up space that definitely fit the project description! Needs new centreboard and tiller making but otherwise complete.

Message me if interested.

Chris

carlknight1982 - 13/4/14 at 04:35 PM

Changed jobs, now working on large excavators & plant