Board logo

MSnSE running badly after winter lay up - why
Steve Lovelock - 23/5/13 at 04:52 AM

Hello,

My Vauxhall Redtop has always run really well however, I started her up this week and she is totally over fuelled and running like a pig. I have ordered a new temp sensor but wanted to check if it is possible that anything else could have been altered in the settings after a long spell without activity?

Cheers

scudderfish - 23/5/13 at 05:21 AM

Gummed up injector stuck open?

britishtrident - 23/5/13 at 06:44 AM

You are probably on the right track the CTS, MAP and TPS are the main inputs at start up and once the engine warm the Lambda

Really a case of looking over everything very carefully to check that no connector or vacuum pipe has got disconnected. Other than that the only other thing is the fuel pressure.

mazie - 23/5/13 at 11:49 AM

Same as above, my TPS was stuck to 100% load so the advance was not correct for starting.

Steve Lovelock - 23/5/13 at 07:53 PM

OK, thanks.

Dummy question time, how do I fix a gummed up injector?

I presume with the TPS I just remove it and check that it is free?

Cheers

coyoteboy - 30/5/13 at 07:40 AM

Personally id just datalog a couple of minutes of running to check what's reading funky. More likely to be an injector than a sensor to my mind but either is possible.
If its an injector it may free up with a heat cycle but by then you could have damages to engine so worth removing and having them cleaned. Butv datalog first, it is the MS equivalent of reading for fault codes.

rusty nuts - 30/5/13 at 06:24 PM

Cars probably throwing a wobbly , it knows you want to sell it! Hope you get it sorted

britishtrident - 30/5/13 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
OK, thanks.

Dummy question time, how do I fix a gummed up injector?

I presume with the TPS I just remove it and check that it is free?

Cheers

Only way to check a TPS is to look at the output,

With an injector only cure is to replace or send it away for ultrasonic cleaning and back back flush.
A sticking over fueling injector will only over fuel one cylnder,