Board logo

Courier for engine
CRAIGR - 6/1/15 at 08:33 PM

Anyone suggest a good courier for transporting an engine (already in a metal crate )

proretro - 6/1/15 at 08:39 PM

i have always used pallet ways

proretro - 6/1/15 at 08:43 PM

But make sure you pallet it up good, and ask for a tail lift

CRAIGR - 6/1/15 at 08:46 PM

It's already secured in a factory metal crate as such so would I need a pallet ?

wylliezx9r - 6/1/15 at 08:50 PM

I used Paisely Freight, no problems and very cheap.

chesney321 - 6/1/15 at 09:02 PM

don't go dx freight they are shocking

Barkalarr - 6/1/15 at 09:26 PM

Don't use sure speed- they lost an engibe of mine, delayed the insurance claim only for them to give it back to me some 4 months later covered in grime and smashed to pieces. #avoidliketheplague

trextr7monkey - 6/1/15 at 09:28 PM

We sold an Essex engine to a bloke who wanted it sending on a pallet after looking at several options I took it up for fuel cost on a Saturday morning. Worth a thought
Hth
Mike

CRAIGR - 6/1/15 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trextr7monkey
We sold an Essex engine to a bloke who wanted it sending on a pallet after looking at several options I took it up for fuel cost on a Saturday morning. Worth a thought
Hth
Mike

It would be a 600 mile round trip Mike

trextr7monkey - 6/1/15 at 10:37 PM

Ok I had missed the fine detail there😂
An early start for that trip!
Atb
Mike

designer - 6/1/15 at 11:40 PM

Shiply.com for me

owelly - 7/1/15 at 12:02 AM

+1 for Paisleyfreight. Google suggests they are a bit crap but a lot of the complaints seem to be from folks trying to pull a fast one by under-weighting the package or not following the instructions.
http://www.paisleyfreight.com/

ali f27 - 7/1/15 at 07:44 AM

Paisley lost one of my wheels which was pretty crap

talkingcars - 7/1/15 at 06:16 PM

Paisley prices are good, much better than the big boys and they'll happily deal with the awkward stuff like engines and wheels.

They are only an agent, they use TNT for wheels, not sure if they use anyone else for other stuff.

I used them for a set of wheels and was reasonably happy with the service but the nuts that were meant to be packed with them weren't when they arrived but that may have been the seller.

CRAIGR - 7/1/15 at 06:24 PM

Paisley appear to want £87.50. .seems a bit dear to me

talkingcars - 7/1/15 at 08:47 PM

http://www.myparceldelivery.com/ will get you loads of quotes.