Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lack of height
dave1888

posted on 21/4/09 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Lack of height

Im lacking a bit of height under the bonnet of the tiger so i was thinking of adding another length of 25mm sq tube along the top of the existing from front to under the scuttle. This will raise the scuttle bonnet and nosecone. Anyone done this before or found problems.

Miks15

posted on 21/4/09 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Only problem with this is then your side panels wont fit if there pre made. and also sine youve moved the nosecone up 25mm, it wont sit flush at the bottom.

Wouldnt a bonnet scoop or bulge be easier (assuming its the height of the enigne thats causing the problem)

Hellfire

posted on 21/4/09 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen this done before although not on a Tiger. The square tube was powdercoated or painted black and TBH it looked OK.

Phil

steve m

posted on 21/4/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have the same problem !
James

posted on 21/4/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I've done it with my Locost.

Obviously made my side panels so there was no issue with sides not fitting.

The nose is a standard GTS one and it's flush with the bottom of the chassis.

The disadvantage is it makes the car pretty tall (especially because I used a GTS scuttle which is .75" taller too). This means it looks a bit large and ungainly IMO and also it can be quite hard to see over the scuttle!

I'm actually thinking of removing the rails (and fitting a power bulge if necessary) so that the car looks a little smaller!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

niceperson709

posted on 21/4/09 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I had that same problem and decided to go with a big bulge in the bonnet and ended up with a rather large bulge that I have hated ever since. and after I have been on the road for over year I got to the stage of being unable to stand it any longer and I have been working over the last few weeks of building a new frame for my car which is an inch higher and a bit higher at the back as well I think that it has better proportions ...
Pictures here
Oh and dont wory about the bottom of teh nose cone I don't think that anyone will notice

[Edited on 21/4/09 by niceperson709]

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.