Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another Digidash question
Big Stu

posted on 12/7/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Another Digidash question

I am using digidash 2 lite in my landrover. I have recently installed a 3.9v8 with a 4 speed borg warner gearbox.

I did have the speed sensor mounted next to the transmission brake drum with a small bracket.

With the new gearbox there is nowhere close by to mount the speed sensor to with the new gear box, there is however a road speed sensor that connected to the ECU and old speedo. Question is can I use this or does the ETB digi dash require a special signal.

Due to the nature of the car I can't really mount the sensor on the propshaft as there is a lot of movement in the suspension (12" ) and I don't want to put the sensor on the hubs as these get very muddy and submerged with water.

[Edited on 12/7/09 by Big Stu]

clbarclay

posted on 12/7/09 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I take it the standard LR drum handbrake is still there.

Could you mount a reed switch on a braket off the drum back plate, over the top or sides of the drum, and put a magnet on the rear face for the drum.

Obviously a magnet wouldn't last to long on the outside face of the drum.

[Edited on 12/7/09 by clbarclay]

FEZ1025

posted on 12/7/09 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Or get one of these if it has a cable speedo drive http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/TERRATRIP_Tripmeters_1847/Terratrip_Speedo_Cable_Probe_1973.asp />
Alan...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.