Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford 4cyl to T5 Bell
andkilde

posted on 23/9/10 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ford 4cyl to T5 Bell

Hello all, bit of a stretch as I don't think they're that common.

Looking for a Ford 4cyl pattern, pinto/zetec/etc to T5 bellhousing.

I'm in Canada but I have a friend in Portsmouth who could ship it across the water for me.

Thanks, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 23/9/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
well a pinto has the same block as a cossie, so its a cossie rwd bellhousing your after (and release arm I guess)

have you tried any of the cossie breakers over here ?

-

Dan.

posted on 23/9/10 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cossie bell housing is what you need, however you will ned to make a slight alteration to starter motor position due to the different flywheel size. Failing that www.rwdmotorsport.com sell direct fit ones where no modification will be required.
hth
Dan

BigFaceDave

posted on 23/9/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I spent quite a long time trying to find one myself and in the end the only way I could find one was to just put 'cosworth breaking' into ebay and everyime a new add came up I asked the seller a question but virtually everyone wouldn't sell just the bellhousing they wanted to keep it with the gearbox.
Im having to do the same now as I need a gear shift for my T5 but as before know one wants to sell them seperatley but eventaully I got lucky with the bell housing but took about 7 months.

andkilde

posted on 23/9/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.

Didn't realize there were breakers that specialized in Cossies. Any recommendations for a trustworthy one?

A bell came across here in the FS section a couple of weeks back but it was sold locally.

I've seen the RWDmotorsports one -- it's a little more towards the hicost end of the spectrum, but if it solves a potentially expensive starter issue that might make it more of a bargain. I've been looking at American Pinto bells, but there's a bit of bodging involved in making them work as for some inexplicable reason they moved the two top holes up about 3/4".

Cheers, Ted

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 23/9/10 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
if its for a 2.0 pinto (which I doubt but anyway...) one answer to the starter problem is to get a cossie flywheel, but they have 9 bolts on an odd pattern so you'll need a crank aswell (and if they arn't a pair you'll need to get them ballanced together)

[Edited on 23/9/2010 by mcerd1]

-

andkilde

posted on 25/9/10 at 03:04 AM Reply With Quote
ST170 Zetec actually. I think I'll talk to the guys at RWD and figure out the whole package, flywheel, starter, etc. Trying to save a few pennies might cost more in the end.

Thanks guys, Ted

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.