Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New viento Build
ollie2910

posted on 23/9/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
New viento Build

Hi Guys

Im new to the kit car building experience,, and im building a viento with a 3l v6 cosworth lump in it, ahead is the slightly off puting task of the engine loom and ecu, has anybody had experience with this engine and able to offer any advice??

many thanks in advance

Ollie2910

Snuggs

posted on 23/9/10 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house

Quite a few Viento builders on here and I think NeilP has that engine with MegaSquirt.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Paul (Notts)

posted on 23/9/10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house Ollie.

I think Neilp has a v6 cosworth in his Viento so no doubt he will be able to give you some good advice.

Good luck

Whets your location

ollie2910

posted on 23/9/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Excelent, I shall look forward to talking to Neilp,

Im in sunny west sussex, Rh20 2HY

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/9/10 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house Ollie. I have some good news and some even better news for you. NeilP (not to be confused with Neil P) IS the man you need to speek to on here and I am sure that he will be along sometime soon. An excellent chap with a few of the answers that you will be looking for.

The other good news is that you are now a member of the Luego Owners Club. So on behalf of all of us on here, a big WELCOME to you. I know your neck of the woods quite well as I grew up in Bognor and we used to go to scout camps around Pulborough area, some very nice roads around there. If you have a look in your control panel/option area on this site there is a bit where you can add you location (just general area) and then you will find that a lot of other locosters and general petrol heads will come crawling out of the wood work near to you.

We look forward to seeing build pictures shortly.

Enjoy.
JGG ( AKA Clive)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

NeilP

posted on 23/9/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Hey!

Another man with an excellent choice of ballast!

I do have that lump although I've not got as far as aftermarket ECU so it's still running the prehistoric EEC-IV and thinks it's dragging a Scorpio through an autobox - doesn't seem to mind tho'

More than happy to help as we go along - I've got the wiring diagrams, design for engine mounts and a few other bits and pieces of knowledge gleaned whilst shouting at it.

Let me have your email address by U2U and I'll ping you some things through.

Welcome to Loonyuego club.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Chippy

posted on 23/9/10 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hallo and welcome! I have the same BOA lump, but running on Megasquirt, so if I can help in that department just drop me a U2U. Have a deco in my photo archive for instal info. Also I am in West Sussex, as you can see. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Irony

posted on 24/9/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome welcome welcome. Got a superb deal on ebay if thats the same Cossie engine'd Viento that went a while back. Made me feel a bit sick actually as I paid way more than that for mine.

ollie2910

posted on 24/9/10 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
It is indeed,, but i've had it to bits since then, it was just what i was after, Flee-bay has to be good for something :-)

Thanks for all the welcomes,, im looking forward to many fun hours in the workshop and on the forum.

P.S. sorry for the sick feeling Irony!!
[Edited on 24/9/10 by ollie2910]

[Edited on 24/9/10 by ollie2910]

kenton

posted on 24/9/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi ollie, i may be the closest viento to you so am sure we will meet. Southern kit car club have many runs out, one of the meeting points is buck barn crossroads.
kenton

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.