Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A Merry Luego Christmas to ALL
jollygreengiant

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
A Merry Luego Christmas to ALL

Just a quickie to wish all a Very Merry Christmas and New Year to all and to give people and relatively quick update on why I have not been completely with it for the past several months.

For quite some time my lurvly Wife ( Sara ) has not been at the top of her game and has been having ups and downs especially with her hearing and from time to time headaches. This culminated in her going to her local GP back in August and being refered to the local Hospital ENT dept. for primary investigation of her hearing ability. This in its self showed that she did apparently have some damage to one of her ears and they recommended further referal. The local GP said there was nothing wrong and This resulted in my complaining the Local NHS trust and the result was that she was moved to another Doctor. The new Doctor immediately signed Sara off work for 2 (Yes TWO) months on the 20th September and booted her straight back to ENT for deeper examination. An MRI scan was organised for the end of November, just before she was signed back into work. A week after the first scan Sara was summoned back for a second scan this time deeper with a contrast injection and three days later (on the friday) she was told to report for the results of the scan on the Monday morning.
The up-shot of this is that apparently Sara has a 25mm(+) diameter lesion in the back of her brain in the Posteria Fossa and she was to be refered to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, but we would be unlikely to hear anything until well into the new year. Two days ago Sara received a call from The Radcliffe Hospital telling her that they want her at the Hospital at 08:45 on Monday 05th January.
Oh and while all this is going on, my daughter tells us both that we are to become Grandparents in July next year.

Its going to be an interesting Year next Year, so my appologies in advance if I seem to have my mind elsewhere over the next few months.

ATB JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

RichardK

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
All the best to you and your family for the New Year. Hope things go well with the missus and daughter.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PSpirine

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, you've got a big year ahead of you, here's to it being a happy one!

There are things far more important than bits of steel and fibreglass in life - all the best to your wife and daughter.

Pavs

omega0684

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
all the best for all members of the family JGG. Hope all is ok with the wife and your daughter!

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you all!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andybarbet

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Merry xmas guys. Good luck to your wife and wow, a grandad :-) apparently its great, im still just a dad and with an 11 year old and a 6 year old, hopefully a while til im a grandpa, all the best for 2011.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

MikeR

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Eeek - firstly well done for standing your ground with the doctor early on.
Secondly good luck for the future.
Thirdly stop apologising - not needed with any of us

rusty nuts

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Give Sara and Jasmin my regards Clive
CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 24/12/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Eeek - firstly well done for standing your ground with the doctor early on.
Secondly good luck for the future.
Thirdly stop apologising - not needed with any of us

As MikeR says our thoughts are with you and apologies are certainly not needed. Good luck from myself and my family for the time ahead.

marcjagman

posted on 24/12/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Really up and down for you. You've had one piece of good news (grandad) and looks like you have another one in Jan, all the best.
P.S.
Being a grandparent is really really good or really really bad, depends if your on baby sitting duty or not.

stevegough

posted on 24/12/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
The healthcare in this country is only as good as the individual heathcare professionals. It is unfortunate that occasionally they make mistakes, and we end up with what we feel is very second - rate service after which sometimes you have to follow your feelings and insist on a second opinion.
Sounds like it is an extremely good thing you did so here, Clive as (hopefully) you have caught this thing early?

Can I join the other guys in wishing Sara and yourself the best for 2011 and say that we are all routing for it to be sorted out asap.

I'm also sure you will make a 'Jolly Green Grandpa' to the twins or triplets your Daughter will present you with. Better get yourself the red suit and white beard ready for next christmas! - You'll make a great santa!

Good luck on the 5th.
Best regards, Steve

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

richard thomas

posted on 25/12/10 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Merry Christmas to you and yours JGG, and best wishes for the New Year!

And indeed to all Locosters.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 26/12/10 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Merry Christmas Clive,

Hope you all have a good year and both enjoy becoming grandparents

Best wishes

Paul

Steve Lovelock

posted on 26/12/10 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Merry Christmas to you all,

Fingers crossed for your wife Clive.

Looking forward to the spring and lots of Luego action.

Steve

NeilP

posted on 27/12/10 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
All of our best wishes are with you and Sara, Clive. The Jolly Green Giant will make a great granddad!

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

SteveWallace

posted on 29/12/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Merry Christmas ands good luck with everything in the New Year. It sounds like you had some bad advice from the good old NHS in the first instance, but the Radcliff are the best anywhere for this sort of stuff, so Sara it at least seeing the right people now.
wilkingj

posted on 30/12/10 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
Seasons Greetings to you all.
Hope Sara comes thru good.

Its not been a good year for my wife either, and she is off sick and has not returned to work since April. She wont be back until into the new year at the earliest. Sometimes the treatment is worse than the original symptoms. We are all thinking of your Sara.

So forget the car.... the family is much more important, especially when it comes to health.
The car will still be there in the garage for later on. (Just keep an eye on it and tell it it's not been forgotten every now and then)

EDIT:

The best thing about being Grandparents is..... You can give them back when you have had enough!

[Edited on 30/12/2010 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

stevegough

posted on 30/12/10 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quoting wilkinj:

The best thing about being Grandparents is..... You can give them back when you have had enough!

In my experience, I found you get landed with them just when you could do without them!

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

johhny5

posted on 2/1/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
All the best to you Clive.
I know Sarah has had a rough time of it recently with work and time of etc, it seem that finally abeit a difficult route you have found what was going wrong.
A grandad eh!!, seems only a while ago that Jasmine was going to her prom in trevs car!!, will the baby be brought home from the hospital in trevs car or the mum taken there in it!
Any way all the best for all the family byw Nathans photos are great
Catch up in new year anything i can help with please give me a ring you have my number.
John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.