Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fire blade carb setting please help !!
tompat3463

posted on 12/5/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
fire blade carb setting please help !!

Hi all. I know someone on here will be able to help with my blade set-up.

on the weekend I had to take apart my carbs as water had getten thru the system from a hole in the fuel tank..

I took the carbs off and opened the float bowls. I kinda got to grips with the needles in there but didn't adjust anyof them coz they sound very inportant..

So.....put the float bowls back on then noticed a + head screw ajustment thing on each carb on the exterior of the carb just under the float bowls...they were brass by the way

My first question is -- what are they and what dio they do ?? (ill try and get a pick of them.

Anyhow, I seen that there was what lookked like oil coming ftom Carb no. 2 so I had a but play about with it and forgot to take notice of what setting it was on..

Ran the car today and its very very much lacking power..

Question 2.. Could the water in the system have caused any damage ??

I did make sure I got all the water out the tank and topped it back up with fresh fuel..

Tia Alan

Mark G

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
The brass screws on the bottom of the carbs are drain screws. Instead of stripping the carbs you could have just undone these and drained the fuel from each carb, tighten the screw and then run the fuel pump for 20 seconds to fill them back up.

As for oil in the carb, there shouldn't be any really. Where was it coming from exactly?

You can't really damage the carbs just from water in the fuel. Perhaps you upset something when you stripped them. Have you dynojetted the carbs for the car?

tompat3463

posted on 13/5/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for reply. No I have what I think are standard needles in the carbs

Should I jet them ???

Tia al

mad-butcher

posted on 13/5/11 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
If you're running a std blade airbox there is no need/reason to tit around with jetting, when you say oil like coming out of the carb, do you mean coming out of the mouth of the carb ( the bit you see when you take the airbox top cover off ) if so sounds like number 2 carb float isn't seating right on the float needle, causing it to overfill, can you still hear the pump running after about 30 secs, sometimes tapping the float bowl with the handle of a hammer gets it to shut off, only requires a small amount of crap on the rubber tip of the float needle to stop it sealing.

tony

Knowing were you live helps a great deal as there maybe some-one local who would pop round and help diagnose the problem

[Edited on 13/5/11 by mad-butcher]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tompat3463

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
hi and thanks..

I now think the oil like supsance was just fuel seaping thru the drain screws

the engine has a sausage filter on it.

it may just be me thinking its not running right..

ill give it drive tomorrow and see what its like..

Im near Newcastle by the way..

cheers Alan

tompat3463

posted on 11/7/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
BUMP.. please HEELLPPP !!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.