Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans motoring clamp down
David Jenkins

posted on 19/5/11 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Just had a quick Google - you're right! One vest for the driver, but the French authorities recommend that each passenger also has one.

Something else I spotted - the first aid kit is also not compulsory, but strongly recommended due to their "Good Samaritan" rule: first person at the scene of an accident is obliged to help to the best of their ability. The same goes for the use of a fire extinguisher - if you've got one, you MUST use it if there's a fire.

AndyW

posted on 19/5/11 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
isn't it a requirment to have a spare bulb kit?
vtecmike

posted on 19/5/11 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah , apparently there clamping down on driving offences because of all the accidents they keep having.

I live over here,all i can say is the best thing to do is teach the french to drive properly!

The new one is leaveing a unmarked estate car by the side of the road with a radar in the boot, but like the fixed radars, you wont be traced with uk plates!
The town i live in is great , they ve installed stupid radars on the trafic lights so if you go through on amber thats 130euro fine and 3 points please!
The French goverment needs money , so they ve gone mad on the motorists , so many people lose their licences, which then defeats the idea in the first place!

but being over here on holiday to le mans you shouldnt have to much hassle

sorry just felt like a moan

ps whats the dates?

David Jenkins

posted on 19/5/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

It's recommended - if you get stopped for a faulty light, they won't let you continue until it's fixed. If you do continue - they fine you. (or so I'm led to believe)

Confused but excited.

posted on 21/5/11 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Is it just me? I don't see anything wrong with any of the above.

You think up to five years in prison for 30mph over the limit, irrespective of the type of road is reasonable?

Every single year people post on forums about the French police cracking down for LeMans. They are certainly out in much larger numbers than usual, but you can still have fun without driving like an idiot.

[Edited on 19/5/11 by MikeRJ]

If you are aware of the limit and don't like the penalties.......don't volunteer.

In Germany, driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or whilst tired, carried the same penalty, five years away. Now that's a fixed penalty.
What I object to here is;
A short time ago two young guys were racing on a public road and as a result a woman was killed. The penalty......7 and 5 years respectively.
At the same time a surgeon doing 60 in a 30 limit killed a woman. The penalty......A two grand fine.

So yes, I think a period of contemplation whilst your basic needs are covered by the state is just fine, because anyone exceeding the speed limit by 30mph is obviously gagging for it.

I'm not saying that I agree with the 70mph limit on motorways, but the law is the law. If you don't like it, campaign to change it, or do a track day.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

PeterV

posted on 21/5/11 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wheezy
The new regulations which came in earlier this months are:

1. any excess speed more than 30mph over the prevailing limit will incur a fine of 3,750 euros and the car/bike impounded. see 3.

2. the offence has now been uprated to a serious crime, and punishable with up to five years in prison

3. the vehicle will be confiscated and sold for state funds

4. Any use of a mobile phone will incur a fine of 135 euros on the spot

5. Motorcyclists must from hereon wear a high viz jacket at all times

6. The alcohol limit has remained at 0.5 grammes, not reduced to 0.2 as thought

7.The request to reduce the maximum speed limit in town to 20mph hRightas not been applied

mmmmm.... point 5 will be with us soon then. Had to be some why out of the cock up with Day Light Running Lights. As soon as Motorcyclists start dropping like flys they will issue another money spinner idea to cover thier butts from the first money maker idea

SteveWalker

posted on 22/5/11 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

It's recommended - if you get stopped for a faulty light, they won't let you continue until it's fixed. If you do continue - they fine you. (or so I'm led to believe)

For as long as I can remember, you've needed spare bulbs for France, but suposedly, they are using some common sense and on modern cars that often have difficult to change bulbs (Mk1 Focus for example) they will not expect you to change it there and then.

SteveW

cliftyhanger

posted on 22/5/11 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wheezy
The new regulations which came in earlier this months are:

1. any excess speed more than 30mph over the prevailing limit will incur a fine of 3,750 euros and the car/bike impounded. see 3.

2. the offence has now been uprated to a serious crime, and punishable with up to five years in prison

3. the vehicle will be confiscated and sold for state funds

4. Any use of a mobile phone will incur a fine of 135 euros on the spot

5. Motorcyclists must from hereon wear a high viz jacket at all times

6. The alcohol limit has remained at 0.5 grammes, not reduced to 0.2 as thought

7.The request to reduce the maximum speed limit in town to 20mph has not been applied

Anybody know where this comes from?

Want to check if it really means 30 MPH or KM/H

wheezy

posted on 22/5/11 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
50 Kph or 30 mph. Here is the article in from the French press. Le Figaro
wilkingj

posted on 22/5/11 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
DONT THINK just cos you have UK plates you will get away from whatever you have done.
Many years ago my uncle was involved in an accident in France. It wasnt his fault, and it took an expensive solicitor to get him out of the mire. (He could afford it!)

On subesquent visits to France (he went 6-8 times a year) he was stopped and checked EVERY TIME.
This was all before ANPR or GATSO cameras.

Do not take the risk, stay within the law. They are far worse than the UK police if they target you.

After 4 years of this he sold his car and got another, and the problem just vanished... It was all down to them having got his number plate on their computer system.

This isnt hearsay about a mate of a mates friend's dad's aunties son. He is a direct relative of mine, and I know this happened.

Cheers

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.