Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners club at Newark '11'
jollygreengiant

posted on 1/6/11 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Luego Owners club at Newark '11'

Talking off Newark, (just read pauls post about having booked MOT), I have got the booking back from them and we are on, this year, Stand 71. For those not inthe know, this is on the end of the first row of exhibits on the left (far end from entry) where the general public come in (and go out of. You know that bit on the left where the miniature traction engines used to be.

So next question is, where shall we camp, usual place, just to the left of the Kit car entry gate (the bit on the right immidiately after we have turned left after entry at the gate, close to the toilet and shower block), or some where else.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 1/6/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Usual place , everyone knows where it is, or at least the usual suspects
wilkingj

posted on 2/6/11 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, Agreed, same place same time...
Should be there Friday..

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul (Notts)

posted on 2/6/11 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Wiil be arriving Friday around 5pm.

In the Viento if it gets throught its MOT.

Paul

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/6/11 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Just had an interesting conversation with Steve (re stoneleigh show dicusions) and it looks like we will need (as an owners Group) to have an interesting discusion at Newark. So lets all be there and put or 2p's worth in please folks.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 16/6/11 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Its been a long week at work and having to work late on Friday + Weather for Friday does not look good so want be down until Saturday.

Will arrive at 7.30 am in time to wake everyone up with the loud exhausts (if I fit them tonight )

Paul

Ps will bring gazebo and a BBQ for Saturday evening.

NeilP

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Weather looks a shocker for Friday & Saturday - As I'm of the screenless ilk I'll check on Friday night and see if I can sneak over without drowning on Sat (and hopefully stay Sat night for our traditional beer and bangers)...

Cheers, N.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Steve Lovelock

posted on 17/6/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Will set off from sunny North London early, rain or shine. Looking forward to it.

Steve

jollygreengiant

posted on 18/6/11 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
well, it has stopped raining, the birds have started singing, the puddles have dried up, I can see blue sky, the kettle has boiled and we are drinking tea and coffee prior to hitting McD's for sausage & egg mcmuffins before a shop for beer & food. So where are you all. Oh and yank & military types have kidnaped most of our normal camping area, but we are hanging on to a bit of it.

[Edited on 18/6/11 by jollygreengiant]

NeilP

posted on 18/6/11 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
JGG and gang - will try and get over this afternoon / eveing for campling but there's a risk I have to do a dawb raid tomorrow morning if today doesn't pan out - will keep you posted. N

EDIT: Guys, I'm afraid I'm not going to make it - The only way I can do everything today is basically by not spending any time with my monsters which isn't fair on them - hope you all are having / have had a great time.

[Edited on 19/6/2011 by NeilP]

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 19/6/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
JGG and gang - will try and get over this afternoon / eveing for campling but there's a risk I have to do a dawb raid tomorrow morning if today doesn't pan out - will keep you posted. N

EDIT: Guys, I'm afraid I'm not going to make it - The only way I can do everything today is basically by not spending any time with my monsters which isn't fair on them - hope you all are having / have had a great time.

[Edited on 19/6/2011 by NeilP]

My wife is GUTTED mate, she was sooooooo looking forward to seeing you again.

You missed:-

Beer (lots of),
Barbi and fry up,
good talk,
Sun tan (burn to face),
Meeting new Luego owner folk (but they have owned them a long time),
Good Friends,
and a car alarm going off every 15 -20 min between 7pm and midnight on Saturday night.

More will be discussed on U2U

Oh, and some more beer and Clive snoring, but I think the alarm was more annoying.

rusty nuts

posted on 19/6/11 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
You also missed Clive sneaking up behind you and shooting at you with his bows and arrows. Hope everyone had a good trip home, Mel
jollygreengiant

posted on 19/6/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I forgot about that, but Mel was the better shot.

rusty nuts

posted on 20/6/11 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Ear ear!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.