Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommending Leatherman
eznfrank

posted on 7/7/11 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Recommending Leatherman

Just thought it was worth a bit of a recommendation for Leatherman and their customer service. I have one of the heavy duty Leatherman Core tools and unfortunately recently snapped one of the screwdriver tips. I sent it back to them for repair and they sent me a brand spanking new tool a few days later. Very impressed.
sdh2903

posted on 7/7/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
+1

Use a leatherman charge all the time at work for odds and sods, mine has been back around 3 times with no grumbles.

Makes me chuckle how you get a "how to care for your leatherman" leaflet back when it comes back! As in slapped wrist, please don't break it again!

balidey

posted on 7/7/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Good idea, lets all recomend tools that break

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

sdh2903

posted on 7/7/11 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balidey

To be fair mine has only broke when I've been using it for something its not meant to do! Plus not many companies will repair/replace no quibble

paulbeyer

posted on 7/7/11 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Same thing with Victorinox Swiss Army Knives. My lad had one that was put away wet and not touched for a couple of years. When I took a look at it all the blades had siezed solid. I managed to get a couple of blades free after a good soak with WD40 but it wasn't useable. The red plastic handle was cracked and the tweezers were missing as well. I sent it to the UK agent for repair with a cheeky request to replace the broken red handles with black ones. Inside a week I had a brand new knife in the post.

[Edited on 7/7/2011 by paulbeyer]

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

eznfrank

posted on 7/7/11 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by balidey

To be fair mine has only broke when I've been using it for something its not meant to do! Plus not many companies will repair/replace no quibble

Mine too, to be fair at 16+ stone I can apply forces probably way beyong it's recommended use

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.