Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vectra wheel offset
batteredoldsupersport

posted on 8/3/12 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Vectra wheel offset

I'm currently running a 2002 Vectra as a daily driver. It's a bit of a shed but a good workhorse. One fault it has is the alloys are corroded so the rims don't seal and I am getting sick of blowing up the tyres - I've fitted a couple of steel rims at replacement time. One thing is they don't quite match. They look very similar, it's inly seeing them side by side that flags up a difference. One appears to be flatter than the other. I am concerned the offset may not mtch. Where is this marked and how do I decode it? It's the 5 stud 15" variant wheel if that makes a difference. T'other thing is, can you get clip on trims for these to pretty it up a bit? It's only a shed but a trim would be nice.
loggyboy

posted on 8/3/12 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Usually stamped between the studs on the outer face - something like ET49 or E49
batteredoldsupersport

posted on 8/3/12 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Loggy.
B*llocks though. One is a 49, the other 43. The old allys coming off are 49. Is this a snag? Key questions - 1: can I get nicked for this? 2: Will it snag the MoT?

loggyboy

posted on 8/3/12 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing in the MOT about mismatched wheels only mismatched tyres (on the same axle).
unless it stands out as obviously wrong it should pass.

Dingz

posted on 8/3/12 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think one of your offsets is for a vectra the other a Zafira, I have a vectra with the same mixture of wheels, was worried they may rub but had no problems.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

batteredoldsupersport

posted on 8/3/12 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks gents. I've had it in to the local tyre centre for tracking set up, they have adjusted it. It turns out I have one wheel (a steel) an ET43, the others 49. I suspect it's the 43 that's the Zafira. The tyre shop tell me it's not a problem, so it fits with what you say here. As the tyres wear out or if the rims start leaking (again...) I'll make sure I fit 49s.

So thanks for the advice, I know a bit more about what I'm looking at when the breaker next tries to fob me off with some old tat with a nearly wornout dodgy crossply on it.

I'll see if they have any trims down at my friendly Voxy breaker. One nice thing about Voxys is the bits are plentiful and dirt cheap. I can get a rim and a decent tyre for not much more than a DIY oil change. Meanwhile all I have to fix is the knocking bushes on the rear antiroll bar. Oh joy. Rusty suspension bolts AND knackered bushes, can life get any better?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.