Monday 23rd
Tuesday 24th
Wednesday 25th
Thursday 26th
Friday 27th
After these dates ?

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When will our baby arrive ??
Andybarbet

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
When will our baby arrive ??

Whenever i ask a question on here, i get the answer so here goes,

Our baby was due on Monday 16th April, he's now 4 days late, when does everyone think he will arrive ?

We are getting to the point now where we just want to meet him

Here are the best 2 photos we have:
Bump
Bump

scan pic
scan pic

Andybarbet

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
On a second note, any requests ??

Someone has already requested tomorrow for him to arrive but the rest are empty

D Beddows

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
Lol, our little lad was induced at 10am 2 years ago next Tuesday.......nothing significant happened for 14 hours so I went home.......5 hours later I was woken up by a phone call suggesting I should turn up rather promptly....4 hours after that ...which included lots of shouting, a bodged epidural and emergency caesarian (during which I saw waaaay more of Mrs Beddows than I ever wanted to ) - I was cuddling my son.....best day of my life tbh! lol - enjoy

[Edited on 20/4/12 by D Beddows]

l0rd

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
on the 26th as it is my missus bday as well.

we have a fun situation where

25 march 1st child
26 april missus bday
27 may anniversary
28 december engagement

spiderman

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:23 AM Reply With Quote
Any prize for being the first person to guess correctly? How about naming the baby after the winners forum name.

Spider

Agriv8

posted on 21/4/12 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
Our first ( 4.5 years ago ) was 2 weeks late and Mrs agriv8 was given drugs to start labour. he weighed a whopping 10 pounds 4 and meant the mrs was a little tender for a good few days. get mrd on rosehip tea and some waddle arround the block.

Second 2 days late trouble free labour water birth

dont get much time in the garage these days but you only get to watch them grow up once !!

Enjoy Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

owelly

posted on 21/4/12 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Your baby will arrive when you're in the middle of something. The takeaway will have just arrived, you'll have mixed a batch of fibreglass resin, you'll have just made a fresh brew and sat down to watch something on the telly, or some other inconvenient moment. And you'll have to get used to it because they'll always be there wanting stuff just when you havn't got the time, but you'll find it! Good luck!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
What percentage of babies do you reckon are actually born the day they're meant to be?

My first brother was born early and arrived on my birthday, my other brother was meant to arive on the same day 2 years later but was fotuneatly born a week late.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Gonna be tomorrow for sure!

My daughter was a week late but worth the wait...

Get the curry in and enjoy

BenB

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
The due date thing amuses me highly. The date often oscillates back and forth with the various scans as if it's some kind of precise science. Only problem is no-one tells the baby

When I was doing O+G we didn't let women go beyond 41 weeks. By the time they were a week overdue they'd be in for an examination to check whether the cervix was ripe and either way booked in for induction a few days later. Whether the cervix is ripe or not would help dictate whether they needed prostaglandins to ripen the cervix. The examination would actually often stimulate the cervix and gets things moving.

Personally I think it's time for a good night in. Spicy curry and some how's your father. The cervical stimulation does wonders but the main reason it works is that seminal fluid is full of prostaglandins which will get things a moving. So using a condom kind of defeats the point- and of course it's a little late to be using contraception

I don't really do gynaecology much any more. But I like to keep my hand in. Fnar fnar.

Anyway, good luck.

Snuggs

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Andy,

He will arrive today as all the best people are born on the 21st of April.

ps It's my birthday today if you hadn't guessed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Guinness

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snuggs
Andy,

He will arrive today as all the best people are born on the 21st of April.

ps It's my birthday today if you hadn't guessed.

Happy Birthday!!!

morcus

posted on 21/4/12 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
It's also Her Majesties Birthday and Robert Smiths.

As for sharing birthdays, your kind of lucky the baby wasn't born yesterday.

loggyboy

posted on 21/4/12 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thurs 26th.. just because i know.

Mistral Motorsport

Andybarbet

posted on 21/4/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote

Im liking the idea of naming him after the winners forum name. We currently dont have a name for him, just call him peanut at the mo because thats what he looks like on the scan, a big peanut !

Happy birthday Snuggs, i will put a word in to see if he can share your birthday

We have/are trying all of the usual suggestins to start things off but still no joy, midwifes reckon he is 'normal' sized, our youngest (we have 2 boys already) was 10lb 2 oz - That was the wifes main concern, understandably !

We had decided that we would go for 3 kids, this will be it for us then, our 2 boys are so good & chilled out so we are expecting him to shock us & be completely loopy !

As far as it slowing my build down, ive been building for ages, mainly because i love spending time with the kids as it is & as mentioned, they only grow up once, the build will plod along nicely, wife is hopefully staying off work until the end of the year & we have certainly had more time together since she started maternity leave 5 weeks ago, ive also managed more garage time than usual because Mrs wife has done all the chores whilst ive been at work

Andybarbet

posted on 21/4/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Out of curiosity, I have to ask 'Morcus'

"As for sharing birthdays, your kind of lucky the baby wasn't born yesterday."

Who's birthday was yesterday ?

whitestu

posted on 21/4/12 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Personally I think it's time for a good night in. Spicy curry and some how's your father. The cervical stimulation does wonders but the main reason it works is that seminal fluid is full of prostaglandins which will get things a moving.

We did exactly that with baby number two and it worked a treat.

Number 3 didn't need any such help and was born within 15mins of arriving at the Royal Free!

NeilP

posted on 21/4/12 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
25th - My birthday

Regardless of when the little urchin puts in an appearance hope everything goes well...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

fullpint

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
You mention him so i presume the baby is a boy? I cant make it out on the scan lol
So my guess is 23rd April, if so call him George cause its St Georges Day

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Our no w who was a water birth harry snoring
harry snoring

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

morcus

posted on 21/4/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
April 20th is/was Hitlers Birthday and by some sources a semi official nazi holiday.

It's also the aniversary of a couple of notable shootings and something to do with drugs.

ReMan

posted on 21/4/12 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
The due date thing amuses me highly. The date often oscillates back and forth with the various scans as if it's some kind of precise science. Only problem is no-one tells the baby

When I was doing O+G we didn't let women go beyond 41 weeks. By the time they were a week overdue they'd be in for an examination to check whether the cervix was ripe and either way booked in for induction a few days later. Whether the cervix is ripe or not would help dictate whether they needed prostaglandins to ripen the cervix. The examination would actually often stimulate the cervix and gets things moving.

Personally I think it's time for a good night in. Spicy curry and some how's your father. The cervical stimulation does wonders but the main reason it works is that seminal fluid is full of prostaglandins which will get things a moving. So using a condom kind of defeats the point- and of course it's a little late to be using contraception

I don't really do gynaecology much any more. But I like to keep my hand in. Fnar fnar.

Anyway, good luck.

Exactly what I was thinking, but without the errmmm science
King Prawn Bhuna, and an early night then........

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Andybarbet

posted on 22/4/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well - still no baby

Kind of glad he wont share a birthday with Hitler though !

Will see if tomorrow brings anything, its at that point where im really hoping that i dont get to go to work for 2 weeks

nick997

posted on 23/4/12 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
We went on a birthing weekend for our second following on from a horrendous experience with the first. The rather demure lady running the course explained about the prostaglandins theory which did make me take note. She then threw in that they are allegedly absorbed faster if taken orally. I'll let you pass that onto Mrs Barbet...

PS - our second was only a few days late

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.