Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: You drive a what now?!
scoobyis2cool

posted on 3/9/04 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
You drive a what now?!

I was just wondering how everyone else describes their car to people who know nothing about cars. I gave up long ago telling people it was an MK Indy, and Caterham or Westfield doesn't seem to ring any bells with most people. I've taken to saying it's a two seater open topped sports car, but half the people in my road are still convinced I've ripped a load of sierras apart to build another sierra!?!

Oh, and my Mum still insists on telling her friends I'm building a Caterham Westfield...

So how do you describe yours?

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 3/9/04 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
i tell people i'm building a kit car,
it seems to cover all bases, if they're interested they ask which one or type, and if they're not they usually at least understand what i am on about

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

scoobyis2cool

posted on 3/9/04 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I tried kit car for a while, but people seemed to think that meant it was radio controlled. Took me ages to explain to them it was a full sized car, then they wanted to know what it looked like and I was back to square one...

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Benzine

posted on 3/9/04 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe we should all make some kind of powerpoint presentation for people then take laptops with us everywhere we go

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

I love speed :-P

posted on 3/9/04 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
i just say i am scratch bulding a lotus 11, they reply which kit is it, is it a westie, no its scratch built, >show them a picture< its nothing like i thought it would b, i though it would b like a 7

disclamer, i didnt do the body

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

john_p_b

posted on 3/9/04 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
generaly tell them it's a kit car and leave it at that, if they have a clue and are interested then out comes the mobile phone with the piccies on it.
Viper

posted on 3/9/04 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
a pile 'o' shite.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 3/9/04 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
i tell em that im building a morgan look alike based on plans fpr a lotus seven, and that its from bare steel and not a kit.

most people understand that, but that have had 4+ years to grasp the concept!

atb

steve

robinbastd

posted on 3/9/04 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Mine's a Tifino,cos I'm f##ked if I know!

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

alfasudsprint

posted on 4/9/04 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I remember a student of mine who wrote a composition for an English school, the student wrote about me, said I was building a car....the teacher crossed it out cos she thought it was impossibble! Usually say say am building a car, thats enough to get them asking...the surprise is always good fun!
phelpsa

posted on 4/9/04 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
I say I am building a car and thats enough to get most people laughing. Out comes the phone again and then it's 'your only 13, I bet your lying'. Then I get dad to back me up and then they shut up and sound interested.

Graceland

posted on 5/9/04 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
folk ask me what i'm building and i say

"which one"

then then ask

"what you got"

i tell em

"lots of metal"

hehe - keeps me amused looking at their surprised faces

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.