jacko

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Nurse found Dead

Kate hoax call nurse is found dead
RIP
Jacko

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

[Edited on 7/12/12 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Awful!

Tragic outcome aside, who in their right mind wastes hospital staff's time with childish nonsense (particularly when it surrounds a young lady who is struggling with her first pregnancy).

It's Evolution Baby!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad but got to be some other underlying problem there though as all she did was transfer the call.
whitestu

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
It'll have the conspiracy theorists blowing a fuse!
scootz

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Very sad but got to be some other underlying problem there though as all she did was transfer the call.

I can see how it would have affected her. She's been made a fool off on a global scale and probably feels that she's let her employers, her colleagues, a high-profile patient and herself down.

It's Evolution Baby!

steve m

posted on 7/12/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
A real shame, of a nurse, who is trained to keep us alive,

I hope the two ausie twits ars sacked!

But it it does go back to those days of that fuckwit brand and ross, who made a misery of Manuell's life look rathe lame

Mr sachs, as i couldnt remember his name

[Edited on 7/12/12 by steve m]

JoelP

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:

I can see how it would have affected her. She's been made a fool off on a global scale and probably feels that she's let her employers, her colleagues, a high-profile patient and herself down.

I appreciate what you are saying scootz, but she had two kids to live for. I cant help but feel that her crime is worse than the pranksters.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

jossey

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if them Australian radio dj tw@ts think they are funny now.

They should be done for that.

David

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
She may well have felt that she'd let them down too Joel.

She won't be the first (or last sadly) to make a grossly irrational decision based on a bout of acute depression.

Of course, she may have already had some pre-existing depressive illness. I've no idea really, just speculating.

Whatever she felt, it's incredible sad!

It's Evolution Baby!

whitestu

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Is it definately suicide then?
Stott

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair it was just a prank call, they happen all the time and people laugh at them all the time because they are generally funny.

This is the most extreme of outcomes and of course nobody could possibly predict this as a consequence of their call. If this was even a probable outcome, the call would not have happened.

Calling a hospital pretending to be the Queen, of all people, I mean come on, who would even think it would work, let alone that the person involved would then go on to be found dead in the following days.

The Djs cannot be held accountable really can they?

I wholeheartedly agree that this is a tragedy and very upsetting for all involved but to suggest blame is to suggest that this was a likely outcome of their actions and I do not beleive that it was.

All in my opinion of course.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well put Stott.
TAZZMAXX

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
It is a very sad story but made sadder still by the fact that it would all have been forgotten about in a very short space of time.
Simon

posted on 7/12/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the orig prank was quite funny. However, the woman who died was obviously full of pride etc at working where she did and has had a massive guilt trip over error of judgement. Her employers were full of praise for her.

The two ozzy dj's had no knowledge of the woman they were speaking to; they are a pair of childish idiots who have had their prank bite them on the arse in the most spectacular fashion.

At the end of the day, if you drive like a twat and kill someone you get done, even if that wasn't your intention. Unfortunatley, that's just what the two have done, and I hope we have an extradition thingy with the ozzies so these two can face reality and the womans family, or at the very least get sacked.

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 7/12/12 by Simon]

nick205

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
quote:
quote:

I appreciate what you are saying scootz, but she had two kids to live for. I cant help but feel that her crime is worse than the pranksters.

Agree with this.

nick205

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stott
To be fair it was just a prank call, they happen all the time and people laugh at them all the time because they are generally funny.

This is the most extreme of outcomes and of course nobody could possibly predict this as a consequence of their call. If this was even a probable outcome, the call would not have happened.

Calling a hospital pretending to be the Queen, of all people, I mean come on, who would even think it would work, let alone that the person involved would then go on to be found dead in the following days.

I wholeheartedly agree that this is a tragedy and very upsetting for all involved but to suggest blame is to suggest that this was a likely outcome of their actions and I do not beleive that it was.

All in my opinion of course.

Agree with this too.

Dangle_kt

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Calling a hospital pretending to be the Queen, of all people, I mean come on, who would even think it would work

except the woman they were treating was carrying the Queens grandchild...

Sadest thing about all this is - if everyone wasn't so media/celebrity obsessed:

1) the call would never have been made
2) the nurse who is trained to care for people not deal with prank calls wouldn't have felt crushed by the media coverage
3) other people who have ended their lives in similarly tragic circumstances with all the impact on the family they leave behind might maybe possibly get a mention

its a hugely sad story for so many reasons.

perksy

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad especially coming up to christmas

The crank call would of been forgotten about by this time next week and even prince charles was laughing about it

She obviously took it really badly

Perhaps there were other issues that might surface later ?

Dave Bailey

posted on 7/12/12 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the investigation identifies that senior management hasn't helped here. I have seen a decline over the years where we end up working in a blame culture... Respect has declined and understanding... All too often I hear at work the term 'throat to choke' holding people accountable for things that are either out of heir control or are simply a result of a genuine misjudgement. May she rest in peace....
RK

posted on 8/12/12 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote
Wasn't the receptionist, who ought to have taken the call normally, not there? It started out fairly innocently, and really didn't hurt anyone until now. It is extremely sad and depressing now that his has happened. Don't know anything about her situation, but some of the work environments for nurses/OT's/PT's etc can be brutal; they are trained to help, which makes it worse.
David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/12 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
The call came in at 05:30 - the nurse picked up the call as she was nearby.

I dislike prank calls intensely - they call some poor unsuspecting person who's just trying to get along, wind them up and get them to say stupid things - then broadcast it for everyone to hear. In this case they got a lonely nurse living in nurses' accommodation (not too grand, I'm sure), her family was 250 miles away in Bristol (so no-one to share her feelings with, and to support her), and she possibly/probably had other issues as well.

She didn't really have a great deal of involvement either - she answered the phone, got conned, and passed the call on to someone else. Unfortunately, it looks like she couldn't cope with her shame, even if it was an over-reaction to the event.

Sad.

02GF74

posted on 8/12/12 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Spot on!! The first sensible post I have seen on this subject.

The DJ's did nothing wrong nor anything different than what we see on Candid Camera, Beadle's about, You've been framed or one of Noel Edmond's stunts.

All I can say is what a stupid woman, had 2 children - did she really not consider them ????

Her action is not of a sane person but no doubt that will be glossed over by the media as it won't make a good story.

As Morrisey said, Hang the DHJ, hang the DJ coz that is what the public wants.

scootz

posted on 8/12/12 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
The DJ's did nothing wrong....

Seriously!? Put the outcome aside and at a base level their 'prank' revolved around disturbing busy medical staff who are dealing with sick patients. That's wrong!

It's Evolution Baby!

David Jenkins

posted on 8/12/12 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
The DJ's did nothing wrong nor anything different than what we see on Candid Camera, Beadle's about, You've been framed or one of Noel Edmond's stunts.

You're not holding them up as examples of good programmes, are you?!

They're a total waste of TV time...

MikeRJ

posted on 8/12/12 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
The DJ's did nothing wrong....

Seriously!? Put the outcome aside and at a base level their 'prank' revolved around disturbing busy medical staff who are dealing with sick patients. That's wrong!

It was a thoroughly stupid thing to do, as pranks to get laughs at other peoples expense always are especially when broadcast world wide. The poor nurse must have been humiliated, and despite statements from the hospital saying that she hadn't been reprimanded, I know what hospital internal politics are like. That said, can't help feeling that the poor woman must have already been depressed or under huge stress and this was the final straw, but that's obviously pure speculation.

My thoughts go to her husband and two children that have lost their mother during the Christmas period.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.