Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA PASS!
johnhsmith

posted on 7/1/19 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
IVA PASS!

IVA Pass today!!

But not without a bit of drama. I asked one of my lads at work to help push the trailer out and he managed to snap off the indicator stalk on the nose. Too late to do anything so that was my first confession to the tester. That was the least of my worries, he said, as the brake balance equipment had failed earlier.
After a few calls he said he could do a 'dynamic' road test, visually checking the locking of wheels front/back.
The tester, Tom, had done the original (fail) test, so went through the few points, checked the brakes for performance on the roller, and them did the test outside. Front brakes locked up perfectly.
All good and I walked away with my certificate. Fantastic!
I must say that Tom was really professional and helpful. Firm and fair I think is the expression.
Thanks to Ianhurley20, JAG, adithorp, rusty nuts, MikeR, nick205, for all of the advice on the brakes. I don't think I would ever have come up with the solution without you.
And although I haven't posted regularly, I've spent so many hours over the last 2 years looking for, and finding, solutions to all of my challenges. It's all here, just a matter of looking!

Next challenge-registration. That doesn't look too easy either!
Happy new year to you all.
John

Sent from John's iPad

Angel Acevedo

posted on 8/1/19 at 04:44 AM Reply With Quote
Congrats...
What was the build time? (sorry if posted in other thread9

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Slater

posted on 8/1/19 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations. Good feeling eh!

An IVA pass and only 13 posts on here is quite a feat.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

adithorp

posted on 8/1/19 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one!

Registration process is a bit of a pain but just check and double check you've got everything together before sending it off and it shouldn't be too bad.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

rusty nuts

posted on 8/1/19 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Result! What cured your brake problem?, may help someone in the future.
johnhsmith

posted on 8/1/19 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Angel,
It took just 2 years. Should have been less than 18 months, but I wasted 3 months trying to get the Sierra loom working and ended up buying one from Premier Wiring, and then another 3 months on the cvh ignition, finally going for a Canems system. But all good fun. Oh for forward vision!

Slater,
I guess I could have avoided a lot of pain as above if I'd made more posts and made more use of you all.

Adithorp,
Yes on registration. We started to fill in the forms last night and noticed that the IVA tester had put the wrong 'Make' details on the certificate. Only one letter different, but I couldn't risk any problems with the form so drove back to Derby (2 hour round trip) to get a corrected certificate.
We have a few questions for dvla tomorrow and hopefully will have the forms in the post.

Rusty nuts,
I can only assume that the Ford Ka rear cylinders did the trick. I tried all of the suggestions re brake bleeding, but it made no difference. That were still spongy for 1/3 travel but then were firm. And then effective without any creep. Tester was happy anyway!

Car back on the stand now to refit indicator stalk and a few other jobs.

Is it me, or is it still difficult to upload photos?

John

Stuart Walker

posted on 9/1/19 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations! Would be great to see some "as passed" photos sometime if you are willing to share

I believe photos are still best uploaded to another site (e.g. flickr) and linked ("Grab the HTML/BBcode" ) instead of uploaded directly.

[Edited on 9/1/19 by Stuart Walker]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ianhurley20

posted on 9/1/19 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by johnhsmith
Angel,

Rusty nuts,
I can only assume that the Ford Ka rear cylinders did the trick. I tried all of the suggestions re brake bleeding, but it made no difference. That were still spongy for 1/3 travel but then were firm. And then effective without any creep. Tester was happy anyway!

John

Glad to hear the Ford Ka wheel cylinders working at IVA - again!
Congratulations!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.