Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Back after 77 months and looking for some motivation in Worcestershire area
mads

posted on 26/6/19 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Back after 77 months and looking for some motivation in Worcestershire area

So I’m back after having not logged in for 77 months....

What have I been upto you ask?

Got married
Randomly met Euan off here at a wedding
Moved house (and the part built kit)
Complete heating system overhaul in said new house (not planned and very costly) plus associated redocaration
Had first child
Tidied garage

Now wanting to restart kitcar project once more and looking for someone local in Worcestershire who might be able to give some guidance and motivation to get things rolling. Anyone available and willing? Beers in fridge waiting.

[Edited on 26/6/19 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Charlie C

posted on 27/6/19 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

I’m in Stourport loosing motivation, my car is nearly finish after what should have been 6 month chassis improvement and turbo upgrade and turn into an 18 month rebuild just need a few tweaks and the steering geometry setting up.

JimSpencer

posted on 27/6/19 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Right..

>. get off your backsides and get em built..

That sort of Motivation?

Or how about have a wander along to this, just down the road:-

Shelsley Walsh 6th July

Then you can see Two options:-

Really nice place to go in it once it's built, they'll be plenty of others dotted about the car park
Compete in it, they'll be several people competing using similar to what you're building

nick205

posted on 27/6/19 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
I see your main problem there in your list of activities...

"Tidied garage"

From experience that can take quite some time and often involve more cost/effort buying tool storage, putting up shelves etc.

Aside from that get on and finish building the car

swanny

posted on 27/6/19 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
pick a date and invite us all over. put the kettle on and we'll all bring our cars to get you motivated. we can also look at your tidy garage and encourage you to make it messy by building a car in the bloody thing!
MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 27/6/19 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back - how about a race as motivation ........ first to finish goes round to the others house and laughs ............

don't worry, you'll win

Dick Axtell

posted on 27/6/19 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Welcome back - how about a race as motivation ........ first to finish goes round to the others house and laughs ............

don't worry, you'll win

Hi MikeR - Still building?? If you delay much more you'll have to go electric !

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

mads

posted on 28/6/19 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Charlie,
It would be good to meet up and see what your building. Will drop you a u2u.

quote:
Originally posted by Charlie C
Hi

I’m in Stourport loosing motivation, my car is nearly finish after what should have been 6 month chassis improvement and turbo upgrade and turn into an 18 month rebuild just need a few tweaks and the steering geometry setting up.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

mads

posted on 28/6/19 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Exactly Jim!

Hoping that someone nearby that maybe has already done a build or further along can give me a steer on things.

I will take a look at Shelsley, as always wanted to go.

quote:
Originally posted by JimSpencer
Right..

>. get off your backsides and get em built..

That sort of Motivation?

[Edited on 28/6/19 by mads]

mads

posted on 28/6/19 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
From experience that can take quite some time and often involve more cost/effort buying tool storage, putting up shelves etc.

Nick, how did you know?!

Tbh, I had to do it as the house renovations meant a lot of things got dumped in the garage so had no space to move around the kit. All sorted now though and I even invested in some mobile axle stands to wheel it out on to the drive if I need a bit more space!

mads

posted on 28/6/19 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
pick a date and invite us all over. put the kettle on and we'll all bring our cars to get you motivated. we can also look at your tidy garage and encourage you to make it messy by building a car in the bloody thing!

Deal! I have two weeks off at end of August so you are welcome anytime. You might just end up doing a bit more than just looking at my tidy garage though

mads

posted on 28/6/19 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR

don't worry, you'll win

Mike - I was sincerely hoping you might have finished and that would be my catalyst. Will drop you a u2u.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.