Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hi. Been a lurker for a while...time to post.
joedredd

posted on 26/8/19 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. Been a lurker for a while...time to post.

Hi,

I used to be heavily into the kit car world but have had something of a long hiatus away.

I build a Tiger Super Cat back in 2002 and travelled a total of 3000 miles in that 17 years

Basically I threw out lots of the supplied kit components as they were junk and upgraded what I could (lights, mirrors, etc)
Completely rebuilt 2.0 Pinto, Vulcan Stage 2 Ported head,
Kent RL31 camshaft kit (Road/Rally 2.7k - 7.5k)
Double valve springs,
Kent vernier pulley
Twin Weber 45's.

In the last few years my attention have been on other cars, but I've kept it in great shape and regularly start her up to stop the fuel clogging up etc. There are a few things to sort out like the new radiator and fan I bought three years ago, change of fluids, new c/f dashboard with better switches (got some nice black aero style separator hoops)

I'm based in Shropshire area, is there much going on around me?

[Edited on 26/8/19 by joedredd]

[Edited on 26/8/19 by joedredd]

theduck

posted on 27/8/19 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Joe, Where abouts in Shropshire are you? I'm near Bridgnorth. There is a regular rhocar meet at George and Dragon Meaford Rd, Meaford, Stone ST15 0PX and I am currently looking for a suitable venue to start up another regular meet down this end, I have somewhere in mind but need to go and have a chat with them.
joedredd

posted on 27/8/19 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Hi Joe, Where abouts in Shropshire are you? I'm near Bridgnorth. There is a regular rhocar meet at George and Dragon Meaford Rd, Meaford, Stone ST15 0PX and I am currently looking for a suitable venue to start up another regular meet down this end, I have somewhere in mind but need to go and have a chat with them.

Hi, I'm in Telford. Stone is a nice drive from here across country Eccelshall way.
Your idea for a local meet sounds interesting.

theduck

posted on 27/8/19 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be organising it through rhocar, so details will go up on there when I get it set up.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.