Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Rolling Chassis with Bike Engine Cradle, Quick rack & LSD - Kit Car Project
GrahamC

posted on 12/3/20 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Locost Rolling Chassis with Bike Engine Cradle, Quick rack & LSD - Kit Car Project

Too many projects and a son heading off to a new life at Uni triggers the sale of my lads bike powered kit car project.

This is a Locost chassis (actually think it might be an early MK but can't be 100%), fully powder coated with rear roll cage, adjustable wishbones and reconditioned adjustable Gaz coil-overs. High quality aluminium floor bonded and riveted in place.

It's running Sierra hubs and front brakes (vented), rear Sierra hubs and discs with MK4 Golf calipers, De Dion back end (also powder coated) which is 4 linked with a panhard rod, sierra diff (LSD, 3.92:1) and Sierra steering rack (quick rack 2.4 turns). New ball joints, track rod ends, Indy wishbones and reconditioned steering and suspension components and currently has a cradle installed for a bike engine (easily removed).

New high tensile nuts and bolts (pretty much everywhere), new bushes and everything greased, serviced and lubed.

Comes with fibreglass nosecone and rear tub, also have side panels as well but they need fettling to get a good fit.

I also have a bike engine available (135bhp CBR 1000) which will drop straight into the cradle - not currently included in sale, but willing to do a package deal subject to a little negotiation.

Wheels are lightweight 15" (6.5J, ET15) with decent 195/55 Toyo R888s on the front (5-6mm tread) and scrap tyres on the back.

Chassis has mounts for the bike engine but clearly could be changed to run a crossflow, mx5, zetec, k series or whatever!

Obviously there is still plenty to do but it is a great starting position and really would not take too much to have it ready for the summer. Could certainly be on the road for well under £5k and on the track for much less.

This is super lightweight and will have a serious power-to-weight ratio regardless of what power plant it is running, total weight should be ~500kg. As it stands now one person can lift the backend off the floor.

Looking for £1550 - am open to offers as I would prefer a quick sale but please don't take the biscuit!!!

Car is located in Cheshire (Shavington, CW2) and clearly a trailer is needed to take this away although if you are local(ish) I will include delivery.

Happy to answer any questions or arrange viewing.
Feel free to drop me a PM.

Pictures are in my photo archive, hopefully you can see them there!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/3/20 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote

[Edited on 12/3/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GrahamC

posted on 15/3/20 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Now on eBay starting at £1400:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233527676713

==========
= NOW SOLD =
==========

[Edited on 16/3/20 by GrahamC]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.