Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ferrari pitstops
Paul TigerB6

posted on 24/8/08 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Ferrari pitstops

Well who wants to put money on Ferrari getting away with both incidents in the pits???

Why Massa hasnt had a drive through i dont know!! The Ferrari automated system to release the cars should also be banned from what we have seen today IMHO.

MikeR
Contributor

Posts 8600
Registered 25/5/02
Location Hinckley

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Slowcost since 2000, speeduino since 2020, Caterha

posted on 24/8/08 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
just heard ferrari PR guy - basically "wot, us guv, naaah"

should have got a 10 second drive through for massa no questions. Drop him 10 places at next race isn't on.

Kimi - oops, he made a mistake thats turned very painful for someone in red

blue2cv

posted on 24/8/08 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Surely the cars are the wrong colour to receive a penalty, i bet if it was a Maclaren cock up the firing squad would have been out

[Edited on 24/8/08 by blue2cv]

[Edited on 24/8/08 by blue2cv]

blakep82

posted on 24/8/08 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
they blatantly won't get a penalty for it... because if the minimum is 10secs, they would now lose a place.

i guess their arguement might be, the system must have been approved by the FIA, and it worked exactly as designed.

hmmmm, all very dubious.
i guess the 2nd incident, Kimi drove off before the green light, the same thing could happen (and has happened) with the lollipop

i'd be VERY disappointed if they don't get a penalty, it would be an absolute disgrace

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Johnmor

posted on 24/8/08 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Dont see why he should get a penalty, it did not reault in contact and Sutil lost no time and it did not affect race outcome. Can simply be seen a a racining incident and accepted

It just give James Allan and Brundle something to complain about and they are looking for an excuse to give McLaren the race

Had that occured in previous races or other tracks it would not have caused the same contraversy. The pit lane is narrow so it looks bad .

The early attemp by Raikkonen resulted in injury so if you want to play the safety card , he should be penilised or the team fined.

blakep82

posted on 24/8/08 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
^ if they're investigating 'unsafe release from the pit box' then the key word is unsafe. if the stewards felt it needed investigating for being unsafe, then they shouldn't have to have a long drawn out think about it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

GeorgeM

posted on 24/8/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
panic setting in for Kimi??

Penalty should be given to Massa for his team
letting him out too early. He Couldn't have seen
anyone coming, so team are at fault. Other
teams would have got a drive through
there and then. Should dock the team the
10pts in the constructors at least.
No damage was caused, but for safety sake
a penalty should apply.

GeorgeM

Mark Allanson

posted on 24/8/08 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
I certainly wasn't Massa's fault, in fact he did well not to convert 2 petrol splashed and fully fueled cars into a fireball.

Ferrari had 2 pit related incidents with one person actually hurt.

Its got to be a constructors points deduction, punishment where the fault lies

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Paul TigerB6

posted on 24/8/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Its got to be a constructors points deduction, punishment where the fault lies

It should be the same penalty as what every other team gets for the same offence - usually a drive through penalty during the race. For Massa to then blame Sutil for it is ridiculous. So what if he was a lap behind!! He should have gone past after getting back on track. If he doesnt get a penalty then it makes a mockery of the F1 rules being strictly enforced on safety in the pitlane. Yes Massa did well to not hit Sutil but the rules are there for a reason and Massa should get the penalty. So what if it was the team's fault - plenty of drivers have received penalies when the team makes a mistake

paul the 6th

posted on 24/8/08 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6TjjEXsSE&feature=related

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Project7

posted on 24/8/08 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
My first thought and Massa should not be penalised for the teams mistake, but after watching a couple of replays - Massa should have backed off immediately because Sutil was ahead of him. Then in the press conference Massa implied that sutil should have backed of for him which is a little unreasonable, as its understanded that people making there way down the pitlane have the right of way to people pulling out of their pit.

Not that i want Hamilton to be gifted a win - I just want the rules to be applied fairly and they rarely are when Ferrari are involved. When was the last time we saw a car under investigation not get a drive through?

Blue Fox

posted on 24/8/08 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
I think Massa should definatly have been given a drive thruogh penalty for being released when he was. Yes he did well to avoid a collision but that just proves he was released at an unsafe moment as it means he had to take avoiding action as did sutil so proving it was unsafe to release him. But he drives the wrong coloured car to do that. The FIA would never give a red car a penalty that will prevent them from winning the race. The kimi incident was just one of the things that happens in pitstops from time to time, he could easily have driven off before the lolipop was up if he wanted to so that didn't really have anything to do with the lights.
cjtheman

posted on 24/8/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
i think the team made the mistake not the driver so why should he be punished
if they want to punish the driver shouldn't last seasons mclaren spy crap should have resulted in lewis hamilton stripped of his points but only the team was punished
i rest my case
lol

Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/8/08 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cjtheman
i think the team made the mistake not the driver so why should he be punished

Because its the driver who has to take a drive through penalty for racing incidents like this and the precedent has been set a hundred times before. The spy scandal was off track and was handled as such

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.