Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: prop modifcation mk blade
SyKaTurbo

posted on 27/10/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
prop modifcation mk blade

I'm at the stage where I need to sort my prop. I just wondered if anyone had the specs I need my prop changing to. I obviously don’t want to get this messed up.

Alternatively, do any companies hold the specs so I could ring them, tell them what I need and they can do it and send me one on exchange? An idea of cost would be useful to please.

Thanks in advance!

eznfrank

posted on 27/10/08 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I would have thought MK would already know the measurements for that one. If nto they usually just need the diff to sprocket adaptor measurement and they can work it out from that.
Rob WM

posted on 27/10/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Mk will provide you with a prop. I got mine from them for £80 I think it was. They should also be able to give you the spec.
SyKaTurbo

posted on 27/10/08 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Looking on other posts it seems having a properly balanced and rubber dampened one is recommended and mk's isn't.

slimtater

posted on 27/10/08 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
The one on mine was from Wilson Drive Shafts in Nottingham and cost £250. This was for:
Sliding joint, 2 piece split 1400mm, overall length 2650mm, Sierra flange, Maxi UJ and customer supplied adapter plate (sprocket)
This is on a Haynes Roadster Blade but the chassis was built by MK.

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/10/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Am I right in thinking BEC's need a centre bearing in their props? In which case you'll need a centre bearing mount welding into your tunnel.

Well I did at least, but mines a live axel - not sure if the same applies to IRS rear end.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.