Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax Rush with Ford 2.0 16V Turbo conversion
Tommes

posted on 13/7/18 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hey guys,

long time no news. Things were paused a little due to family an da lot of work.
But the project goes on. The preparations for the next TÜV session are going on and the new brake lines from steel will be put in the car in 2 weeks.
The Dax is torn in pieces at the moment to free some space to be able to reach the old brake lines.

As i am unmounting all the parts, i am clearing all the points from the TÜV failing list and thinking about stuff that i wanted to do anyways.
So one question:
Did anyone ever install additional Headlights, like rally front lights to their seven?
I have a pair of yellow Hella Comet 500 to do the job. I have a switch in the dash that i could use and enough space to fit the wires, Light is always an issue with these car, even if i am allready running semi legal bulbs in this one.

What do you think?

https://picload.org/thumbnail/dlriddlr/img_20170920_172824.jpg

Tommes

posted on 13/7/18 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Anyhow, i am going to mount these and let you guys know ...
big_wasa

posted on 13/7/18 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Cooling in a 7 is marginal at the best of times, I wouldn’t put anything else in front of the nose.
mcerd1

posted on 13/7/18 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tommes
Did anyone ever install additional Headlights, like rally front lights to their seven?
I have a pair of yellow Hella Comet 500 to do the job. I have a switch in the dash that i could use and enough space to fit the wires, Light is always an issue with these car, even if i am allready running semi legal bulbs in this one.

I'd be worried about what they will do to the airflow into your radiator
it can be quite difficult to get enough air in on any seven - especially one with a turbo...

-

Tommes

posted on 13/7/18 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Cooling is also my biggest issue. I think the lights would sit lower and not take away to much of the cooling surface. I will see if I can find a good position and my plan was also to make them detachable.
mcerd1

posted on 13/7/18 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have any ducting in the nose cone ?

Done right makes a massive difference to the efficiency of your radiator

-

obfripper

posted on 13/7/18 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've got small led spotlamps installed where the indicators were originally on a striker.
I don't know if you may have space to do similar as it won't affect the airflow into the nosecone.

Description
Description

With the led headlamps and spotlamps, the night visibilty is good and the current draw is less than halogen lamps were.

Dave

Tommes

posted on 14/8/18 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Talking about lights:

i found a crack in one of my head lamps (wich will make problems for TÜV) and the adjuster of the other light will not keep its position, so the light will change its adjustment all the time.
So i am in need for new head lights. Do you guys know a good source for LHD lights? 7" or 5 3/4 ", clear glass, black housing would be good.
I thought about motorcycle lights, but i dont know if they are legal on cars, as there is no left and right.

Tommes

posted on 13/9/18 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
Finally....

.... i got the TÜV permit yesterday.
The car has german papers now and is fully legal.
I still have an issue with the Dax Handbrake Position under the Dash, but the engineer was fine with the not perfectly operating handbrake.
Next step is going to the registration this afternoon and getting some license plates.
I am a happy man today...

McLannahan

posted on 13/9/18 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Great news - well done!

Well done for persevering with it. I know it'll be worth it when you start driving it on your roads!

Congrats!

Tommes

posted on 1/10/18 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
...and another big day:

i went to a TÜV station in my home town to get an expertise about the value of the car (need it for my insurance).
The guy asked me why i had no historical license plates on the car....i was like: well you know, i couldnt prove to the other tüv guy that the parts are original, blablabla.....
He was like: dude, its an old car, that is obvious, nobody can prove the origins of kit cars and how they should be done.... 30 mins later: historical license plates proved!!!
For those who dont know: in germany you pay taxes following the engine size and the pollution classes. my car is a 2.0 litre without catalystic converter.... that means around 510€ per year, only for taxes.....
with historical license plates its 180€ per year.... wich is nice.... and i can enter every damn "Umweltzone" without beeing fined. The block all the inner cities for older diesel engines and pollutive cars.... but not oldtimers

Dude, i am bleeping happy.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.