Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 750 Formula build
bozla

posted on 30/12/21 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
750 Formula build

I appreciate that this isn't strictly locost but I've been modifying a 750 formula and creating a you tube build diary. I think it will be of interest to folk here, so please watch if you think it is interesting.

Thanks

750 Formula build

[Edited on 30/12/21 by bozla]

Sanzomat

posted on 30/12/21 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched the vids. Interesting project. Generally looks nicely put together but I think you are right about the front wishbone geometry being "unusual" I can only think that a lot of camber gain in compression was considered a good thing by the builder but I don't think many people are keen on the feel of bump steer!
Good luck with the rest of the project.

bozla

posted on 1/1/22 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. There are actually quite a few nice bits on the car. I think it has real potential which is why I bought it.

[Edited on 1/1/22 by bozla]

Tazzzzman1

posted on 2/1/22 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, Yep interesting watch.
Sold my SR2 a few years ago and really miss the track days....so
I also took the plunge just before the Xmas break and purchased a Formula 750 race car which I am modifying to a track day car (missus wont let me do a race series lol). I bought this little beauty

Hopefully have it complete for the Spring. Should be good fun.

bozla

posted on 2/1/22 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
That's where that one went! Have fun with it. Come and watch the races if you can.
Tazzzzman1

posted on 2/1/22 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bozla
That's where that one went! Have fun with it. Come and watch the races if you can.

yep was too good an opportunity to miss....
Loads of work done to it, just a few jobs to finish it off...
I'm making a few minor changes to make it more track day friendly, but nothing too serious so all reversible should SWMBO lets me race
Car's currently with Rich at Redseven engineering having the mods done. so now really looking forward to the Spring

loggyboy

posted on 2/1/22 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
Will add to my watch list as always like the look of these grids. Feel free to come say 'Hi' if you share any weekends with the Clios this year!

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 3/1/22 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
One quick note, I'd keep or just replace the hard fuel lines. Braided are rubber on the inside and will quickly degrade with modern fuels. Hence why most Oe fuel lines these days are plastic.

Mistral Motorsport

bozla

posted on 3/1/22 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Noted about the fuel lines. Some research required I think. My main concern about having hard fuel lines is that they might rub somewhere and wear through causing a leak. Granted it can still happen with braided ones but the margin for error is much wider.

I'll definitely come and say 'hello' if your at the same meetings! It looks like the Clios are in in for another year of growth which is great to see.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.