Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Milling machine vice restoration video. I'v been at it again; Finally
tilly819

posted on 25/11/19 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Milling machine vice restoration video. I'v been at it again; Finally

Hi all,

Long time no see, life and stuff.
I'm getting back on the video making train. Shot this one about six months ago and finally got around to editing it. Hope you enjoy it and I always enjoy the feedback be it positive or constructive.

Cheers.

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/11/19 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
cool looks like new
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 25/11/19 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Nice work - looks well finished.

I'd imagine they're not cheap things to buy either so worth reconditioning.

ianhurley20

posted on 30/11/19 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant! 10 minutes after watching your video I went out to my garage and fetched my non working record vice (pending repair for 6 months) from under the bench and armed with my newly acquired knowledge had it fixed half an hour later. I've only had that vice for 50 years so it's great to have it back for some more abuse!
Thanks for posting your new video

Andybarbet

posted on 1/12/19 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Fantastic, looks great now.

When they got rid of our old Bridgeport Mill where I used to work, they were going to throw away some cutters that were laying around. I will see if I can find them today as I brought them home to save them from the metal skip. All good & were being used until we were taken over by an American company.

If they are any good to you I will happily post them if you cover the postage cost. I would rather see them get some use rather than being sat in a box in my garage. I can't see me ever having g space for a mill at home unfortunately so they aren't any good for me :-(

I will let you know what there is if you are interested ?

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.