<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mk1 MX5/Eunos Duratec Swap
sebastiaan

posted on 4/5/20 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Slowly making some progress.

Made a couple of odd little plenum things - one for MAP signal to the ECU and the other as the IAC distribution to each throttle body, but I might do something else for the IAC, I haven't decided yet.

Intake manifold arrived yesterday afternoon, so I managed to get the throttle bodies re-spaced and offered up for test fitting.

Great work. Careful though; mounted like that you may or may not be able to still balance the ITB's. I've them mounted the other way 'round and in my application it would be impossible to get to the balancing screws.

flak monkey

posted on 4/5/20 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sebastiaan

Great work. Careful though; mounted like that you may or may not be able to still balance the ITB's. I've them mounted the other way 'round and in my application it would be impossible to get to the balancing screws.

Accessible from underneath, same as usual

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Abe

posted on 4/5/20 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Good stuff!!
flak monkey

posted on 7/5/20 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Did some welding.... hopefully it will fit and clear everything... if not, then I'll be modifying it!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

peter030371

posted on 11/5/20 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Sera, sorry another question if you don't mind

I stripped my head at the weekend and I can't decide if my valve stems/and or guides are worn or not (never stripped any head like this before). I can't find any data online but do you know what is acceptable if I measure the valve stems (I think they are 5.48mm new)?

rusty nuts

posted on 11/5/20 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Valve guide/stem wear is normally checked by putting the valve in the guide and holding it off the seat check the sideways movement
peter030371

posted on 11/5/20 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Valve guide/stem wear is normally checked by putting the valve in the guide and holding it off the seat check the sideways movement

Which makes perfect sense as the valve stem and guide are working together but what is 'acceptable' sideways movement? From what I have read its seems down to experience but I have none

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.